Gaming NAT help

931 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by UmustBKidding
tfunk02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a Xbox One and a PS4. I also have Public Static IP's through UVerse. I figured once I assigned the systems public IP's they would be totally open and Nat Type 1.

So, after doing it, I get Nat Type 1 on the PS4 network settings. The Xbox One network settings say I have Nat Type: Open, BUT in COD AW and BO3 the games say I have a NAT type of Moderate.
What gives? Does it even matter? I was really hoping to see everything say Open.
spieg12
AG
It doesn't matter. Just means you won't connect to type 3 people which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I have type 3 (strict) right now and can't do anything about it. Sucks.
tfunk02
AG
I know it isn't a big deal. I'm just wondering how it is even possible when there should be no firewall at all.
UmustBKidding
NAT != Firewall
Not a uverse user but its saying that the IP port used on the host is not the one in the IP header used on the packet reaching the other end. Has nothing to do with firewall which are typically of packet filtering type on low end systems.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.