New Phone Help - Verizon

566 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Double Twin Marine
Double Twin Marine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I are finally fed up with AT&T and will be switching to Verizon. We are needing new phones as both of ours are crapping out. We currently have iPhones but are interested in switching to a Galaxy or something else that can use a chip to store data. We are not very high tech with phones and don't update to the latest and greatest as it comes out. Curious as to what the nerdery thinks about Verizon and any recommendations on any other phones.
schwabbin
AG
Why are you fed up with ATT? Just asking because I've got ATT for personal and Verizon for work. And didn't realize how much better the ATT signal/data connection is in Dallas. And you can talk and use data simultaneously on ATT.
Double Twin Marine
AG
I live in The Woodlands and the coverage is terrible in my house and with our neighbors as well. They have all switched and have said great things about the customer support and being informed by Verizon of deals and credits and such. As I mentioned, we need to upgrade our phones due to being old and not working properly. Have had them for 3 and 4 years. AT&T no longer offers the upgrade to phones when you renew your contract and makes you by the phone outright or add payments to your bill which I think is pretty crappy. Most importantly is it is way more expensive then Verizon which I found to be odd.
hurricanejake02
AG
quote:
AT&T no longer offers the upgrade to phones when you renew your contract and makes you by the phone outright or add payments to your bill which I think is pretty crappy.
This is the way the entire market is going. If you keep your phones for 3-4 years, you were paying more for devices before than you will be now, you just weren't made aware of it.

Adding storage via an SD card is great if you keep music/pics/videos on your phone, however, I'd still suggest at least 16gb on board storage for OS and apps. I cheaped out on my last phone and I'm constantly trying to move things over to the SD card just to have available room to update apps.
Double Twin Marine
AG
Wasn't aware that every company is going that route. Thanks for the info and tip on larger phone storage
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.