2015 Macbook Pro 15" or wait for 2016 MBP with Skylake?

2,452 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by RVAg02
RVAg02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have a 2011 13" MB Air at work that has been fantastic, but is starting to get overwhelmed by some of our new software. As I can't do anything about it, I'm looking at ordering a new MBP.

The "new" 2015 MBP 15 has Haswell Quad Cores and a dedicated graphics card. A co-worker just got one and it's really speedy. I'm trying to decide whether to get that or wait until end of year 2015 - spring 2016 for the MBP with the Intel Skylake chip. Not sure if it's worth the wait.

Anyone know if Skylake is worth the wait and why?
RVAg02
AG
Bump for one more attempt.
SlackerAg
AG
I am waiting for the Skylake regular MacBook. It will have a good battery life increase.
RVAg02
AG
Yeah it makes lots of sense in the new MacBook, but I'm wondering if the advancements for the MBP are going to be worth the wait. Battery life isn't an issue for me. Size, performance, and functionality are what I'm looking for this time around.
m-walker
AG
There is always going to be something to wait for, just buy now
HECUBUS
AG
I would only wait if power and/or graphics are a priority. Seems gamers drive general products more these days. They spend more and refresh more often.
tfunk02
AG
I like to follow this guide when I'm buying.

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#Mac
RVAg02
AG
Thanks. I think I'll buy
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.