Networking question

1,142 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I use a pptp vpn into my office. I need to figure out how to print to my wifi printer at home through a server at my office. So basically my wifi printer needs to be pingable from inside my office.

I have a SonicWall TZ180 my boss gave me to try to figure out some way to get it to work.

So far, what I've accomplished is connecting to the VPN via wifi with my home internet. I shared my vpn connection to my ethernet port. I plugged the Sonicwall WAN port to my ethernet port and I made the SonicWall an access point.

So I can connect to the sonicwall with another laptop and I have direct VPN connection to my office, however I need to get traffic out of my office to my sonicwall connected printer.

I can set my Sonicwall as DHCP or leave it off but I still cannot figure out how I can ping out of my office to the sonicwall and it's connected devices.
7nine
permabull
AG
UmustBKidding
Google cloud print services. Install on machine with printer and share it. Install on work computer and connect.to the shared printer.
And don't use pptp busted broken insecure protocol if there ever was one.
Texaggie7nine
The server I must print from uses loftware which requires an IP or hostname to print to.
7nine
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.