*****Official Destiny Year Two PS4 Thread*****

260,439 Views | 3270 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Let's get things kicked off as we enter Year 2 Guardians. Have you gotten your Moments of Triumph? Are you just going to disappear like Gjallarhorn from our ranks or will you come back better than ever?

I won't copy and paste the PSN IDs from the last thread since we have probably lost people since then.

Go ahead and post here if you will be getting the Taken King with your PSN ID and I will update accordingly

PSN

• Saxsoon
  • Prime0882
  • salgambino
  • Tex117
  • MaroonOut09
  • Vade281
  • JackBurton04
  • AggieBones
  • MidnightYell
  • RubberDuckyTX
  • msalgado80
  • spieg9500
  • Redbaron788
  • G8SPECTRE

Saxsoon
AG
I am thinking of taking the day off on 9.15 and plan on running my warlock through to get the Stormcaller.

Anyone else thinking of it and want to get a fireteam to go through the story?
Prime0882
AG
PSN ID: Prime0882

I might be on on the 15th to play, but I'm curious what the servers were like on launch day - was everyone able to play, or was it like a WoW xpac where you're spending a chunk of your day just trying to login?
Saxsoon
AG
Midnight was a little rough but the day of wasn't too bad if you didn't have the weird network error code if you lived on a college campus
Saxsoon
AG
I remember playing all day when it launched with my buddies
Drake aTm
AG
Count me in.
PSN: salgambino
Tex117
AG
Please add me as well to year 2. Tex117 PSN

It will be fun getting the band back together again.
Saxsoon
AG
I am stoked one of my best friends I just found out is getting back into the game
MaroonOut09
AG
Haven't played since before the last expansion, but I want to dive back in.

PSN: MaroonOut09
Tex117
AG
Alright, might as well get this going.

Obviously, we will have to see just how difficult it is to level up, sub-classes...etc, BUT...

Who wants to go into the new raid blind? Because quite simply, it's when Destiny is at its best.

Saxsoon
AG
In. I would rather at least do my first raid with Texags before going lfg. Lfg is when the community is more experienced
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
I'll watch the thread, and hopefully year 2 ends up becoming the game we wanted Destiny to be. I'll be back if there's some significant pvp improvements in the future. Till then, I'm out like gjallarhorn..
Saxsoon
AG
Well bungie has now come out and said year 1 exotics will be rolled out into the blueprints as time goes onto

You will be back
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
I'll watch the thread, and hopefully year 2 ends up becoming the game we wanted Destiny to be. I'll be back if there's some significant pvp improvements in the future. Till then, I'm out like gjallarhorn..
^^ This -- I will take a wait and see approach. If the beta is finally over, then I will hop back in. Also, if the new raid is anything like the VoG I would be happy as well.
redbaron788
AG
Hopefully we can get an all texags group for the new raid and not be forced to get some rando that leads us around by the noise again
Tex117
AG
quote:
Hopefully we can get an all texags group for the new raid and not be forced to get some rando that leads us around by the noise again
Effing Pancake. (redbaron was unfortunately privy to me being very irritated with a rando we picked up on lfg when we specifically wanted to run Crota's End blind...and he knew some of what to do).

Well, I hope we have enough year 2 guys to fill a raid team! With each update, Bungie has made it all that much better. I'm hoping with this one, we will get a good raid, and a fun (not RNG) progression system.

redbaron788
AG
We were all irritated, the guy just didn't know how to stop after showing us the first exotics chest.

BTW, according to the bungie weekly update, 2.0 drops Sept 8 and needs at least 18 gigs. Nightfalls will no longer kick to orbit on a wipe and require level 40. Weekly heroic replaced by a level 40 playlist that rewards marks and a guaranteed legendary engram rewarded to the account not per character.
Daily pve/pvp are also account wide but rewards are increased
Vade281
AG
I'm in more on ps4 than Xbox this year. More friends bought ps4s
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Prime0882
AG
18 gigs? Wtf... good thing I just swapped a 2TB hard drive into my PS4.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
We were all irritated, the guy just didn't know how to stop after showing us the first exotics chest.

BTW, according to the bungie weekly update, 2.0 drops Sept 8 and needs at least 18 gigs. Nightfalls will no longer kick to orbit on a wipe and require level 40. Weekly heroic replaced by a level 40 playlist that rewards marks and a guaranteed legendary engram rewarded to the account not per character.
But Nightfall is adding the POE/Raid Revive 30 sec timers. I am not sure how I feel about it, though I am glad about not getting KTO.

Honestly, in some ways this may be harder. Very rarely have I ever been KTO on Nightfall. 30 sec revive has been one of the hardest parts of POE and the Raid and you don't have to be KTO for that.
Tex117
AG
quote:

HAHA, all part of the fun. I still think we could have cleared it that day if it wasn't getting so late. We had a good team by the end.

Getting kicked to orbit I thought was great. It really forced you to play VERY cautiously. Considerably different from the rest of the play of the game. Now, with the 30 second timer, there is less of a reason to play as cautiously.

Is it a legendary engram per character per week? I've heard conflicting reports. I've been stockpiling my strange coins through weeklies for two weeks now in preparation for the facet being turned off.
Saxsoon
AG
Phrasing as of now implies legendary engram per character, but marks are per account
Prime0882
AG
Not sure if that's a space between the E and 0882 in Prime0882, but just want to clarify that that's all one "word."
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Not sure if that's a space between the E and 0882 in Prime0882, but just want to clarify that that's all one "word."
Thanks
Tex117
AG
Looks like the raid wont be released for a week or two after TTK drops, which is great.

Can give some of us a chance to gear up to 40 a little easier.

MBAR
AG
Still debating on buying this. I certainly got a lot of playtime from Destiny over the past year, but I'm not sure I even want to come back. We'll see.
Jack Burton
AG
PSN: JackBurton04

I'll probably miss day one, but I'll be on the next day for sure
Tex117
AG
Sept. 18th is the day they release the raid.

Thats not alot of time to prepare.
redbaron788
AG
Damn, I thought it'd be a week at least. Wonder if we'll need to play through the story missions to unlock it first.

Which reminds me, I'd still like a flawless raid before it drops
Saxsoon
Saxsoon
AG
Yes you have to complete the story just like house of wolves. I know nightfall a are locked behind the story.

I will need to watch the stream but everything sounds solid and the swords look sick. I hope they aren't all exotic. Would like to run a legendary for other exotic uses.

And it looks like I will be rushing for 40. We are going up against Nevada that day at 11c. That leaves most of Saturday open if people are interested in running it then.
Saxsoon
AG
Stolen from destiny reddit

King's Fall Raid will go live 9/18/15 at 10 a.m. PST
Swords are not dropped but earned via quests.
A one-level gap in Year 1 between player and AI was a huge difference. The Year 2 Combat equation is based on Light now, so don't sweat a 41 - Luke Smith
There's an Exotic Sword called the Raze Lighter
Base perk | Solar-Forged Guard - Use L2/LT to guard. Effective against Arc and void attacks, less effective against Solar attacks.
Column 1 perk | Tempered Light - Increased Armor while wielding the sword.
Column 2 perk | Scabbard | Increased Sword ammo capacity.
Column 2 perk | Thrive by the Sword - Kills with the sword grant Super energy.
Column 3 perk | Phoenix Uppercut - Use R2/RT to launch into a Solar Light uppercut.
Column 4 perk | Warrior of Light - Increased damage for your R2/RT attack.
TTK - Court of Oryx screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/CwPIj
TTK Kings Fall screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/92u48
A rune is required to summon bosses in the Court of Oryx.
You will receive a temporary debuff for 40 seconds that prevents you from using another rune after the event is completed.
Court of Oryx has a total of 3 tiers.
Tier 1 has a random boss that has a unique mechanic associated with them.
Tier 2 has you fight 2 random bosses from tier 1 at the same time and enemies are bumped up to lvl 41.
Tier 3 will supposedly have bosses that are similar to ones from raids.
In Court of Oryx, the summoner gets the most rewards. The summoner must also be active within the arena or else the event will cancel.
Tex117
AG
quote:
Damn, I thought it'd be a week at least. Wonder if we'll need to play through the story missions to unlock it first.

Which reminds me, I'd still like a flawless raid before it drops
Are there enough of us left?

Saxsoon
AG
Have you done flawless tex? How hard is it?
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
I haven't gone flawless -- I'd be up for it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.