Should I bother fixing this (iphone related)?

714 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Sentinel
staedtler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So I dropped my iphone 6 plus...it has a TINY chip underneath the protector screen. A tiny bit of glass brushed off, but it appears to be majority underneath the protector. It is up in the black part of the screen which doesn't show a display, so it doesn't bother me at all.

My only concern is I don't know if water or moisture can damage this...and if it does, can I claim it later (like if they can say I didn't mitigate the damage). I have insurance under ATT, but I don't really want to pay the deductible. I also don't know if it will get any worse. Opinions welcome.

SlackerAg
AG
I would bring it by an Apple Store and see if they are willing to fix it.

When my MacBook Pro had one annoying pixel that was always white (apparently the industry allows a more than a few bad pixels before considering the screen defective), they replaced the whole screen for free.
staedtler
Will the Apple Store do screen repair (can they fix this?) for accidental damage?
staedtler
Wow. Turns out it was just the screen protector. I forgot I got the glass one. The last time I bought a screen protector, it was just film. Looks like I will only have to replace the protector.
Sentinel
staedtler
I agree Sentinel. I have no problems laughing at myself for this one.
Sentinel
AG
Been there. Done that. It's like the plastic film that they place on electronics. You think it's all messed up and scratched but then realize it was just the film that you can peel off.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.