Destiny The Taken King Twitch Discussion

2,567 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TheVarian
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
instead of having our separate threads I thought it would be good to unify the sonytards and microbots to discuss the stream and the upcoming expansion

Stream starts in 30 minutes 11am pacific

Update stolen shamelessly from Reddit

https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3hmbh4/the_taken_king_reveal_destiny_year_two_post/

quote:

Jack Burton
AG
Appreciate you giving the play by play since I can't watch today
Saxsoon
AG
I can't either I am in a meeting
redbaron788
AG
Can turn in bounties from anywhere, and 'track' up to four quests/bounties that pop up when you bring out your ghost

Also, 16 bounty slots and new bounties for crucible assists w/ fireteam members
redbaron788
AG
Class items w/ perks and defense, ghosts too

Allegiance to factions can be changed weekly, experience earned simultaneously as crucible/vanguard

Vendors and factions have quests, crucible guy has 5 weekly bounties that will complete a sixth that gives nightfall level rewards
wee_ag
AG
Sooooooo I should come back after my 6 month hiatus...
redbaron788
AG
Only some exotics being moved over 'for the moment' and they are re-skinned to differentiate between year 1 and 2 versions
redbaron788
AG
infuse replaces ascension, year 2 legendary and exotic gear can be upgraded incrementally by dismantling higher level gear
redbaron788
AG
Vault space doubled for weapons, more than doubled for armor, misc is same but emblems and shaders don't need to be stored anymore
Jack Burton
AG
Seems like an almost wholesale set of changes. Did we play a Beta for the first year or something?
Post removed:
by user
redbaron788
AG
Pretty much yeah
slickag2007
AG
Looks amazing. The blueprints are awesome. And I could always use more vault space.
AggieBob08
AG
Damnit! I thought I was tired and done with this game...
Saxsoon
AG
I updated the original post with stuff stolen from Reddit.

I find it fascinating that class items can help you increase the amount of vanguard rep and help speed up upgrade rate of certain weapons
wee_ag
AG
Ok, I need an honest assessment. Do these changes and additions really justify a $40 price tag? On the outset it seems like a completely absurd price for what looks like a DLC, but I honestly haven't looked too intently at the additional content. All I'm really reading about is some changes to character and weapon leveling.

Thoughts?
redbaron788
AG
I would say that it's priced just a bit too high at 40 given all the crap we've had to put up with.

There are quite a few additions however: 8 new crucible maps, 3 new strikes, 1 new raid (supposedly larger than VoG), a new patrol area, 3 updated strikes, 2 new crucible modes, 1 new 'campaign' (hoping that means launch campaign and not TDB w/ 4 and HoW w/ 6), and most importantly we get Nolan Northbot!

I think 30 would have been a damn good price point for all that
Saxsoon
AG
I agree 40 is higher than I would like, but I have become invested. I quit the game after Dark Below and became involved again around House of Wolves. I thought the game then felt like a different game from launch, this almost feels structurally like Destiny 2. Stuff like quests and bounty tracker have me excited way more than I should be and the overall feel of the developers has been realizing mistakes they made.

TheVarian
AG
It's interesting that the ghost shell now improves your light....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.