Dark Souls III

2,130 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Drake aTm
avidhunter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dark Souls III is on the horizon and there has been some coverage from some YouTubers already. I delved into Dark Souls II recently after finishing Bloodborne. It was funny that I experienced the same butt kickings in the first few hours that I got at the beginning of Bloodborne. Then all of a sudden it clicked and I found the rhythm of the game. This is a video from Vaati Vidya, he got to play the demo for a while and has some good input.

Anyone else looking forward to this one?
LE_Funt
Bryan98
AG
So, if you just played Dark Souls 2, does that mean you haven't played Dark Souls yet? It's still the best of the series.

Right now I rank them Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 2. No ranking for Bloodborne until I get back to it and finish it, but I'm pretty sure it will beat out at least Dark Souls 2.
avidhunter
Never got to play Demon's or DSI. Bloodborne was the reason I got a PS4 over XBOX and liked it so much I got DSII:SotFS. Seems like DSIII is going to share some similarities with Bloodborne in regards to the speed, but still have the shield mechanics.
Bryan98
AG
I haven't played SotfS, but I've heard it's a big improvement. I went to my only midnight release ever for Dark Souls 2, and the game turned out to be very good but underwhelming compared to the all-time great Dark Souls.

Seriously, find a way to play Dark Souls! And Demon's Souls is really good too. I played it very late, at least a year after Dark Souls came out. I had loved Dark Souls so much that I bought a Black Friday PS3 deal just to play Demon's Souls. That's the only game I ever bought for the console.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Yeah....let me gouge my eyes out for the third time
texsn95
AG
I'm about 3/4 of the way through my Dark Souls NG+ run, and my tally is about 230 hours total...oof. Epic game, but hated DS2 and quit playing after an hour. Can't wait for DS3.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Interested to hear what people didn't like about DS2. I liked it much more than the first one.
texsn95
AG
Hard to explain really, it just "felt" totally different and the health meter going down after every death made me say screw this before I ever really got going. It was immediately apparent that there was a different developer behind it. That being said, I may give it a go again on the XB1 once I finish the NG+ playthrough to hold me over until Fallout 4 releases.
avidhunter
As someone who never played DS1 I would still put DS2 in pretty good company on my list of games. I have really enjoyed the combat in both Bloodborne and DS2 although they were completely different styles. Would be nice if they rolled out a definitive collection of DS1, 2 & 3 for current gen platforms.
avidhunter
They released the intro. Seems like they might give the player a little more background on the lore in game this time.

Drake aTm
AG
I really want it to play dark souls.

Demon souls was the first game I played of the series and I loved it. Never got to finish bloodborne though.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.