Ecobee3 Non-Homekit Version Bestbuy Sale Online $179

1,519 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Duncan Idaho
Aggiejue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you don't need the Homekit version. This is the deal posted on slickdeals.net

http://slickdeals.net/f/8012505-ecobee3-smart-thermostat-wifi-w-remote-sensor-179-99-free-shipping-or-in-store-pickup
Duncan Idaho
What is the difference between the home kit version and this one?

For point of reference : the only smart home related thing I have is an amazon echo.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
My understanding is that the only difference is the HomeKit version hooks into Apple Homekit which means you can use Siri to control the thermostat.

I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on this one assuming that is the only difference and this one will still get all the updates and everything.
txag2008
AG
http://www.stevejenkins.com/blog/2015/07/review-ecobee3-homekit-enabled-thermostat/
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Yeah, I like his reviews.

I went ahead and ordered 2 of them for our house. Was willing to pay the $20-30 per device premium to get the nicer ones, but at this point, even with tax (which wouldn't have applied had I bought the more expensive ones), it's $100+ savings and the main difference is using the ecobee app rather than HomeKit/Siri.
Aggiejue
AG
I purchased the homekit version due to owning numerous iPhones, iPads and MacBooks. I never use the Siri functionality but it will be interesting to see how homekit progresses. If you are not locked in the Apple ecosystem this is a no brainer. You can't beat the trend logs, remote sensors and IFTT recipes so far provided for both versions.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
quote:
I purchased the homekit version due to owning numerous iPhones, iPads and MacBooks. I never use the Siri functionality but it will be interesting to see how homekit progresses. If you are not locked in the Apple ecosystem this is a no brainer. You can't beat the trend logs, remote sensors and IFTT recipes so far provided for both versions.

Yeah - I just rarely use Siri, and we're moving up from a typical 5+2 system so while I was on the fence when there was a $20-30 difference per device, $70 was too much to pass up.

Thanks for the link!
Duncan Idaho
I bought one...transaction went through and then they cancelled to order.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.