Moving to McKinney - Internet options?

889 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by IrishAg
Scooley01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm moving from B/CS to McKinney very last minute, and I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row...it looks like my main options for high speed internet are Time Warner and AT&T. Any suggestions on the two of those, or others I may have missed? Looking for decent speed, reliable connections, and not-awful customer service. A good price would be appreciated, too.
benMath08
AG
TWC Maxx is scheduled to roll out to McKinney if it hasn't already. Can't go wrong with that, especially if the neighborhood infrastructure is less than 15 years old. I know I love my 200mbps download.

http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/enjoy/better-twc/internet.html

GoAgs92
AG
you should try the DFW board for the question.
ExPLK
AG
Frisco here...I think I t really depends on your area/street. I have TWC Maxx as that is all I have access to besides dial-up. One street over has Verizon Fios and two streets over have AT&T uverse. You may have limited options.

With that said, TWC sucked until I got Maxx. Now that they have upgraded me, it is much more reliable. Can't comment on uverse as I have never had it.
IrishAg
I know 75070 McKinney has Maxx up and running. I've got 300/20, which actually clocks in around 350/25. So far so good, although the rumor is that gigapower will start to roll out beginning of next year (I also heard end of this year, but it's at&t).

Also, no Fios in any areas of McKinney, it's at&t only.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.