Windows 10 - any good resources to explain all the new features, somewhat in depth

2,887 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Madmarttigan
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cloud
There might be some win10 stuff in Microsofts virtual academy for it pros.
SeattleAgJr
SwigAg11
AG
I'm at the pointing of washing my hands of Windows OS and Office. I'm probably just going to use Ubuntu or Mint full time now.
theterk
AG
quote:
I'm at the pointing of washing my hands of Windows OS and Office. I'm probably just going to use Ubuntu or Mint full time now.
once a couple of big games come out on Linux, I will be jumping ship
Sea Pony 07
AG
I gave up on Windows 10, my touch screen and fliplock wont work with it at all and I can't find the drivers in Asus's website so I said forget it and I'll go back to Windows 8.
chipotle
3 failed installs so far. Trying to install the media directly now.
DayAg!
S
Yep, I went to Ubuntu LTS on both laptops. Got tired of worrying about viruses and such and so much junk that windows can accumulate. Having said that. Linux is tough to learn. And I had a chance to learn unix back in 88 but didnt do it.
Shawdaddy
AG
Don't want to hijack a thread - but thought y'all may know.

Do you know ho to:
1. Run a legacy website that has vbscript on edge in windows 10, or
2. Downgrade back to ie10?

Many thanks!
MontanaAg11
AG
Shawdaddy,
IIRC, Internet Explorer should still be included as well for exactly that reason. Microsoft Edge is just the default.
chipotle
Direct media install finally worked. MP3 playback however does not work.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
No device should have a single browser regardless. I typically install 3 on day one even if I never use one of them.
Ridge14
Anyone have any experience so far installing old programs (photoshop cs3, office, matlab, etc). All are old versions that are in most cases patched.
Eliminatus
AG
been using the dev build since may. This seriously may be the last Windows I ever need. I love it. This is for my PC however. Have yet to try it on my Surface Pro So I can't say anything about the touchscreen stuff.
bbattbq01
AG
Installing on my 3 pcs currently. Just finished on the laptop, first impression I like the look a lot more than 8.1.
Olag00
AG
I got the "black screen of death" last night and it restored back to 8.1. I am going to give it another go tonight but if it doesn't work this time I am going to wait a bit for all the kinks to be worked out.
boboguitar
AG
Installed on my surface pro 3, works fantastic so far.
Cloud
Installed it last night. No issues. Love it so far.
tamusc
AG
Installed on my Omen 15 and really liking it so far. Waiting for the prompt to pop up on my other laptop and desktop.
DayAg!
S
Does it make anyone wonder why this is free. Maybe it has something in it that we dont know about and they're giving it away for that reason.
tamusc
AG
I think they're trying to push past Windows 8 in people's mind. They could also be adapting Apple's approach to OSX releases (free for people that have newer versions, smaller updates that aren't as far apart).
wee_ag
AG
If anyone is brave enough to try and install it in Bootcamp let me know. I'd give it a go, but don't have the time to try and problem solve it.
Ridge14
Installed and all my old cracked software still works
Ridge14
If I put my computer to sleep, shut down, or restart it reverses the two finger scrolling gesture direction.

Mildly annoying.

Guess it's time to hunt for a driver.
tamusc
AG
quote:
If anyone is brave enough to try and install it in Bootcamp let me know. I'd give it a go, but don't have the time to try and problem solve it.
Windows 10 on a Mac
Olag00
AG
I just got windows 10 installed after it failing last night. The first 10 mins with it have been great. Windows 8 took about 4 days before I really started seeing its benefits. Windows 10 it is pretty much instant gratification.

Now going to try my luck with other computers.
Madmarttigan
AG
Wow, it has made a huge difference on a couple of my games with the graphics and FPS. I have an older laptop so this is quite a nice upgrade.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.