ZNAPS -The $9 Magnetic Adapter for your mobile devices

4,909 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by BEaggie08
Pman17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This Kickstarter has been looking pretty legit lately with all of their statements.
ZNAPS is a "magsafe" adapter for your phone charger that's only $9. The kickstarter has been really popular in the past couple of days. The product should ship in November with hopefully no delays.

They say it's compatible with most phone cases, but the Lifeproof and OtterBox cases are the ones that will have a problem.

For those skeptic about any copyright issues with Apple, they've stated that they've checked the patents before pursuing this. This is an "adapter", not a "charger."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1041610927/znaps-the-9-magnetic-adapter-for-your-mobile-devic
Aggietaco
AG
Thanks for posting, I fumble with the ****ing lightning connector every single *********night while the rib just sets her Nexus down on the Qi charger.
ramblin_ag02
AG
My kids tear up charging cables like crazy. Perfect solution
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agracer
AG
Chinese will have this copied an to the market with 2-weeks of the official release...
keysercade
AG
For $20 worth a shot, ks has been good to me so far (knock on wood)
howdydamnit04
AG
I wonder if they are quickcharge 2.0 compatible.
zurcaled11
AG
quote:
I wonder if they are quickcharge 2.0 compatible.
Yes, its under the FAQ:

reb,
AG
I'm very intrigued, but I'm only going to open my wallet if it gets USB-Type-C + 3.1 compatibility.

All of our next phones are going to support USB-Type-C + 3.1.
zurcaled11
AG
quote:
I'm very intrigued, but I'm only going to open my wallet if it gets USB-Type-C + 3.1 compatibility.

They've stated if they hit $2mil raised they may offer a type-c option (not sure about +3.1?) for those that have pledged. But they are going to try and make sure that the current orders wont be delayed.

But it seems inevitable that they or someone else will put out a type-c very soon.
reb,
AG
quote:
quote:

They've stated if they hit $2mil raised they may offer a type-c option (not sure about +3.1?) for those that have pledged. But they are going to try and make sure that the current orders wont be delayed.

But it seems inevitable that they or someone else will put out a type-c very soon.
Yea I saw, I was specifically looking for C compatibility when I looked through the page.

Here's a run-down of USB type C and USB 3.1
LeftyHound
AG
quote:
Chinese will have this copied an to the market with 2-weeks of the official release...

This is unfortunately true. I'd be surprised if it doesn't happen sooner.
Garrelli 5000
AG
I wonder if the connection is sturdy enough to be able to use your phone while plugged in. It looks like a very shallow connection.
AtlAg05
AG
quote:
I wonder if the connection is sturdy enough to be able to use your phone while plugged in. It looks like a very shallow connection.

It would depend on how strong the magnet is.
MGS
quote:

NSFW
TXAG 05
AG
quote:
Thanks for posting, I fumble with the ****ing lightning connector every single *********night while the rib just sets her Nexus down on the Qi charger.
Your lack of coordination is not Apple's fault.
Sazerac
AG
This is a great product idea.
But I'm sure it's already being copied...should have found a way to get to market without kickstarter. There has to be companies that just watch kickstarter for their product ideas, right?
AtlAg05
AG
quote:
This is a great product idea.
But I'm sure it's already being copied...should have found a way to get to market without kickstarter. There has to be companies that just watch kickstarter for their product ideas, right?

Apple already uses this technology with their laptops, surprised they never applied it to their hand-held devices. I'm sure they could charge $30 more than the regular charger and make a killing.
fig96
AG
quote:

You're not wrong...but it's 9 bucks. It's worth a year or two of convenience in the meantime.

The concept itself is pretty slick, I may pick one up.
howdydamnit04
AG
My only problem is that I'd need at least 3 of the cable adapters so it gets kinda pricey. And the wife would want 3 of her own.
BEaggie08
AG
They reached their 2 million dollar stretch goal and are now offering USB-C.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.