Apple Music

1,576 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by coastalAg
Token
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
it's super sleek and runs well on my iphone. Haven't tried updating my mac or my work laptop to see how it works on that platform, but it's really cool
Pman17
AG
The update for the Mac is out now. Was delayed a bit.

Yea, it's nice. My family is quitting Spotify.
Token
AG
still waiting for the windows update for my work computer
aTm2004
AG
I'm running it on my iPhone, but haven't tried the new Spotify type radio yet. I'm a bit reluctant to pay $10/mo for radio right now since majority of my radio time is in my truck, which doesn't have an AUX input jack or bluetooth. I'm going to look at getting a new HU later this year, so maybe then. I did just cancel Sirius, so I may pick this up later to replace it. I have match and my biggest concern was would I lose my iTunes Radio stations I've had for some time, but it looks like they're still there and it plays just the same, but a few more screens to get to them. I've been listening to some of my old stations since downloading the update and it seems like the song selection has been a lot better compared to where it was. I may roll with this for a bit and be happy for now.
aTm2004
AG
So...just browsing some of the playlists that Apple Music has and I came across one in the Country genre titled Country Gems: 1994. I've always thought '94 was a great overall year in rock and movies, but dang, there was some great country songs out that year as well.
bco2003
AG
There's some decent bluetooth to fm modulators out there. I haven't tested one with an iPhone, but they work well on my android devices in Dallas.
easttexasaggie04
AG
What is the price structure?
herb96
AG
quote:
my truck, which doesn't have an AUX input jack or bluetooth
Have you tried searching for an 8-track adapter?
aTm2004
AG
Hmm...I may look into that. My dad is an electronics nerd and has asked me what radios I'd look at getting if I were to buy, so maybe he's up to something since he's a few years from retirement and probably bored most of the day after work.
aTm2004
AG
$10/mo for individual and $15/mo for family.
Azariah
AG
After three months for free.

I'm actually liking Beats 1 too.

The music part nailed my preferences.
k20dub
AG
Like it so far as well. Have spotify but might cancel for this.
The Original AG 76
AG
I use the iTunes Radio for " my stations" . It's free and good enough for me. I have no interest in anything made since about 1980 so I have to create my own "stations".
Will the features I have now on iTunes still be free ?
I don't listen to any music enough to warrant paying anything for any service.
jeffk
AG
Can you download to devices or is it only streaming?
aTm2004
AG
I pay for Match so I can stream my entire iTunes library (and save to my device for offline use) without taking up space on phone, and radio without commercials is included with that. At $25/yr, it's not bad.

To my knowledge, radio with commercial still free.
aTm2004
AG
Like Spotify, you can save the song to your phone for offline listening.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Could you put it on an iPod Shuffle (I'm a runner)?
aTm2004
AG
Don't think so.
Sandman23
AG
Can I download a standalone player to a Windows PC or do I have to listen in a browser?

Is the library of music the same size/scope of Spotify's?

This may be a reason to cancel my Spotify Premium subscription.
coastalAg
AG
Its a nice service, but I dont see anything differentiating enough for me to switch from Spotify. I have way too many playlists created that would be a pain to transfer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.