FIOS Issues

776 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by 91AggieLawyer
91AggieLawyer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Verizon is supposed to come out next week, but I thought I would toss this up and see if anyone had seen it before.

Several weeks ago, certain channels, mostly HD, started getting a bit static-y. Mostly horizontal lines and square boxes, but it ranges from a few lines to a lot of lines to complete blackout depending on the channel. I'd say 15-ish channels that I watch semi-regularly are affected, all HD. Called Verizon last night and they did stuff from their end but couldn't fix the problem.

The setup is that the incoming line comes to my house into the garage where there is a FIOS control box. From there, coax is run approximately 60 feet to the back of my house where it comes into a wall in my den/living area by way of coax plug. From there, it goes directly into my DVR. My DVR hooks into my TV via HDMI. Until several weeks ago (early May, I'd say) everything worked fine.

Could this be an outside coax cable issue? Plug issue? Or is it more than likely a piece of their equipment? They're going to charge me for anything that isn't their equipment. I don't mind going and getting a bunch of coax and re-running it. I'll of course start with the inside coax first. Could there be a problem with the plug?

Incidentally, my internet doesn't seem to have any issues that I know of. I believe the wire is run from the garage device separately to a bedroom in my house.
Icecream_Ag
S
Stupid question but you did try changing the hdmi cable/port right? Also does the dvr and TV have component connections? I had to switch to component with uverse because the hdmi signal is screwed up
91AggieLawyer
AG
Didn't change the cable, but I did change the port without success. I don't think its related to either the TV or the DVR. Tech support seemed to confirm that.
Icecream_Ag
S
att was convinced there was an issue with the drop to my apartment when I was going through issues. Finally got to 3rd level support who recommended trying component cables instead of an HDMI as the HDMI port on the box may be the issue.

That fixed my lost signal issues.
TexasAggie_97
AG
I had the same FiOS issues a few weeks back. I had them reset everything and that fixed it. My Internet and phone worked fine it was just HD channels that were on the fritz.
91AggieLawyer
AG
What are "component connections" and "component cables?"
Angelo80
AG
I had screwy issues with one Fios box and replacing the Hdmi cable fixed. An easy trial fix.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
What are "component connections" and "component cables?"

they still provide a full HD connection, its just not as 'easy' as HDMI.
91AggieLawyer
AG
It was the outside FIOS box. The tech changed it out and we have no issues.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.