Xbox Preview Program

5,638 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Lt. Joe Bookman
Raggy09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got an invite to this the other day, seems kinda cool. Kinda like user qa. It's invite only though, anyone else want to be a part of it?

GT: anthrometal
Bolthiel
AG
Message sent
jg07
AG
Message sent.

GT jaggie07

Thanks!
Raggy09
AG
If anyone has sent me a message on live, I won't be back on till later tonight. I'll get to it, don't worry.
m-walker
AG
Is this different than any other preview updates? I usually get them, but haven't gotten this one yet.
Raggy09
AG
Honestly, I have no idea. This is the first one I've been a part of, and it just began. Here's a link to some faqs posted on xbox.com: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/xbox-update-preview-faq
Vade281
AG
I sent an invite to a lot of people on my friends list last night...maybe you'll see one
Jasomania
AG
I've done the preview several times for the Xbox 360, usually it just means you get the system update early and access to the new features sooner. One year though they were testing out different DVD formats and i got a free copy of Halo Reach
GoneForGood
TheFeelOfCotton =) I've never tested an Xbox System update before!
slickag2007
AG
I wanna try it out.

GT: Slickg2007
FTACO97
AG
Would like to try it out

ST1TCH
tate504
AG
I wouldn't mind one

Dump7244
Vade281
AG
Send me a friend request and I'll throw a preview invite your way.
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Mr Gigem
AG
I'd like to try it out

Trill Aggie
CrottyKid
AG
If there are any invites available, I'd like to see what it's all about.

Gamertag: LuvPhd
bearamedic99
AG
ditto SuperRufus99
slickag2007
AG
So how does this work? I saw that you added meon xbox live. Does microsoft send me a message or what?
jeffk
AG
Once you've been invited, you should get a message from MS with a code to let you download the preview app. Then you'll get system updates a few weeks ahead of the uncool kids. There will be little tasks to try called questa and minor rewards every once in a while.
Raggy09
AG
So yeah I have to add you as a friend, then send out the invite through the preview app. Just in case anyone is wondering why a super cool guy is adding you as their friend. Xbox will then send you a message inviting you. (at least as far as I'm aware).
mmtexasace
AG
I would like to see what the new updates are all about

GT: mmtexasace
Vade281
AG
Sent invites to a couple people who friended me.
MGS
Has anybody tried the Xbone-> Windows 10 streaming? How is it?
Vade281
AG
Ive had the app downloaded for a week now and still haven't received the system update for 360/win10 stuff.
MontanaAg11
AG
If anyone has invites...

ImpactFlux
Raggy09
AG
Finally got the update today. Playing battleblock on one with a friend on 360 and party chatting in 360 party is pretty cool.
Vade281
AG
Still no update

I did invite mmmtexasace last night.
irock2513
AG
I'm good to send invites out, too- just send me a friend request: im zach morris
mmtexasace
AG

quote:
I did invite mmmtexasace last night
Thanks! How long does it take to get the invite usually?
Vade281
AG
5 days for me. 2 days for another friend.
Raggy09
AG
I got the invite on a Sunday, got the update on that following Thursday.
jr15aggie
AG
I just got message from Xbox Live saying "welcome to the preview program", but I did't sign up or anything. Interesting.

I guess my question is... "is it worth it?". My wife & kids use the xbox for stuff too and if the preview stuff creates some wonkyness at times I'd probably rather not mess with it and simply wait for the updates like everybody else. I'm not sure what the real benefit is other than getting to try out new stuff first.
jeffk
AG
Been on the preview program for over a year now and haven't had any issues with any of the apps or programs because of it.
Vade281
AG
If you are an Aggie on my friends list...I sent an invite. Sorry if you didn't want to be in it!
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
If you are an Aggie on my friends list...I sent an invite. Sorry if you didn't want to be in it!

No worries, I don't have to accept it. I'm not really for it or against it. Just not sure I really care either way. Still thinking about it.
Vade281
AG
It's neat to be able to play Geometry Wars and Alien Hominid again, haha. I don't have any 360 games to test, but it works really well. Actually, I love the streaming to a Windows 10 feature...it's near almost zero lag. I was able to play destiny on my nearby laptop while the girlfriend watched TV.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.