Star Wars Battlefront

14,587 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by MattTheBrave
Knife_Party
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Collection of all known facts about the game. Feel free to add any others.

Game modes:

Online multiplayer
Single player "missions"
Co-op "missions"

Can play in either first or third person view

Pre-orders will come with the Battle for Jakku map, which has a tie-in with the December Star Wars movie. (maybe all games will come with it?)

NO space combat. However, flying craft will be operable within the atmosphere of a planet map.

There is no single player campaign.
mid90
AG
Couldn't put my finger on why, but the new gameplay trailer from E3 did not get me excited at all for this game.
jay040
I enjoyed the gameplay trailer, but you'll never have something that well coordinated on multiplayer. I really wish they would have a single player campaign.
MSCAg
AG
The trailer was awesome. But no space combat and no single player campaign make me wary.
Knife_Party
That's been confusing to me. There's no single player campaign but there are single player missions? It seems like a good "game" but I don't know what the draw is. Can you level? Get better gear? Multiplayer for the sake of multiplayer just isn't enough of a draw these days.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Fighting on Hoth will be a big enough draw for plenty of people.

My question is how spread/compact the maps will be. The one they showed seemed to keep the ground combat in a confined space, which is good, but then the air combat was wandering far afield. Will there be no eject button, I guess?
PatAg
AG
You don't play battlefront for single player campaign.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
You don't play battlefront for single player campaign.

Exactly. No idea if this game will be deep enough to play for months (like we use to with BF back in the day), but it looks friggin sweet.

Will have to start a "which game you playing" thread in the fall. My choice of game will probably come down to which game my friends are playing. Playing MP solo (with randoms) sucks. My vote is Battlefront right now, but if a majority of my texags buds go for something like rainbow 6 instead, I'll probably follow.
jeffk
AG
^ sheep
Knife_Party
I just don't want this to be a flash in the pan game. Everyone buys it when it comes out and plays for a couple months, then it takes 30 minutes in queue to get a multiplayer match with the 100 people still playing.
Kampfers
AG
I think nostalgia has tinted the memories of some people. The campaign for Battlefront was never anything to write home about. I'd expect the missions to fill that void just fine.

I am concerned about the lack of space battles, but it's not enough to stop me from being hyped for this release.
AliasMan02
AG
You have to believe that space battles are coming. How could they not?

Was just discussing in another forum how I wish they would use battlefield as a platform/engine to release updated single player titles like Dark Forces and Shadows of the Empire.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

Was just discussing in another forum how I wish they would use battlefield as a platform/engine to release updated single player titles like Dark Forces and Shadows of the Empire.

They sorta do... The engine is Frostbite and EA is using it for just about everything. The new need for speed is and it has that same photo realism type look battlefront has.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
^ sheep

Anybody know how to perma delete / block xbox live friends?
jeffk
AG
quote:
quote:
^ sheep

Anybody know how to perma delete / block xbox live friends?

Not possible. You're stuck with me FOR-EV-ER.
KidDoc
AG
Cannot wait for this game. And multiplayer is enough to sell a game. In fact I never finished the BF4 campaign it was just kind of silly and boring.

I expect this to have classes and progression similar to BF4.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Knife_Party
quote:

I expect this to have classes and progression similar to BF4.

That would be enough. Ranks, classes, better weapons/armor, etc. Not something to sell the game, but rather to keep people playing.
jeffk
AG
All I know is I want to run around owning some noobs as this guy.

Madmarttigan
AG
Man I dunno I was smiling the whole time during that video. I thought it looked pretty awesome.
mid90
AG
quote:

Space battles = DLC.

I really hate the DLC trend.
AliasMan02
AG
I'd much rather add on content in increments than wait for and pay for a new release.
Kampfers
AG
The environment of MP maps will change depending on which side is winning
jeffk
AG
So... not quite LEVELUTION?!?!?!
PatAg
AG
So, if the Empire takes the lead back, does the Star Destroyer stop sinking and put out the flames?
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

http://content9.flixster.com/question/58/83/52/5883523_std.jpg
I think it was the earlier trailer that showed him and when he killed a guy he did that, "yeah ah ha" laugh he did in ROTJ! That would so piss me off if I heard that in-game after he killed me!!!
PooDoo
AG
I think space battles would be really hard to do right. The amount of time they would have to put into something like that wouldn't be worth the payoff, IMO.
jeffk
AG
quote:
quote:

http://content9.flixster.com/question/58/83/52/5883523_std.jpg
I think it was the earlier trailer that showed him and when he killed a guy he did that, "yeah ah ha" laugh he did in ROTJ! That would so piss me off if I heard that in-game after he killed me!!!

I know right, it's going to be awesome!
jr15aggie
AG
I've read a few impressions from E3 and so far everybody says the game does indeed look that good and it is awesome. They are all pretty sure they are playing off a PS4 too and not some PC voodoo magic.

In one of the articles the guy was talking about playing co-op where waves of enemies come at you. At one point they were behind cover waiting. He couldn't see anything, but he could hear it. The sound of an AT-ST coming for them. So awesome!

Right now I can't see how this won't be my MP game of choice come Holiday time. And with the movie coming out soon after... I'm gonna lose points off my man card! :-(
Dr. Horrible
Heard the vehicles are on rails.
CrottyKid
AG
Sounds like firefight in Halo.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Heard the vehicles are on rails.
I'm pretty sure you are wrong. The large imperial walkers (AT-AT) are on rails but you can be the gunner in them. That particular vehicle is part of a game type where you win/lose by the walkers getting to their target and destroying it (or not). The rest of the vehicles such as smaller walkers and spaceships you can fully pilot.

The fact that I know this tells me I've been spending way to much time on my phone at random times reading up on my favorite E3 games.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Sounds like firefight in Halo.
I think that's pretty much it. It's the closest thing to single player you will get in this game. I think you can do it solo, but designed for co-op. Not sure if split screen is confirmed or not, but that would be awesome... my 5 year old son will never stop asking me to play that if true. (Edit: I just looked and they will have split-screen, but it will be offline only. So basically you can do the co-op stuff with somebody on the couch, you just can't go into online MP. That's awesome for me!)

I'm pretty sure the MP is max 20 v 20. Which is awesome and should be close to the sweet spot. I wasn't a big fan of 64 player MP in BF4... just too many people and it feels like your individual efforts to help the team are minimized.
Aggietaco
AG
quote:
... and it feels like your individual efforts to help the team are minimized.

Maybe yours were.
rhutton125
AG
Multiplayer is enough to sell a game. I played BF3 and BF4 a decent amount - not 100 hours, but more than 30 or so. I never once touched the solo campaign.

Also, if the air vehicles are anything like the jets and helicopters in Battlefield then we shouldn't be missing space too much. Dogfights in the jets were difficult but they could still be very enjoyable. I tore up with the Little Bird helicopter.

One of my fondest memories was getting shot down in a jet, parachuting, and then crawling behind enemy lines and knifing two snipers with a buddy. Freakin' black ops right there.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
... and it feels like your individual efforts to help the team are minimized.

Maybe yours were.

Aguas Ag everybody... He's doesn't talk near as much as I do, but when he does, you can pretty much bet he's gonna say some A-hole ish!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.