world of warships closed beta

14,158 Views | 296 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ag_of_08
Ag_of_08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bout damn time!!!

Das tirpitz

Ag_of_08
AG

You are going to see me spend tarded money if the tirpitz or Bismark is premium...
Ark03
AG
I've been having trouble logging on, and have had a bit of lag, so I got to looking at my game and I discovered that somehow I managed to install the EU client rather than the North American client, so I've been playing on the EU servers. I also discovered that they don't let you move from one server to another, so I get to restart the game.

The first time I started with the DD line and sucked it up. This time I'm starting with cruisers - I was having fun playing them when I left off.
thaed137
AG
thaed137 is my tag in the game.
Risky101
S
Been playing this for a while.

Gamer tag risky101
jabberwalkie09
AG
My in game name is my forum name, jabberwalkie09.
Ganondorf
AG
Let's go with a new main post and just link back to this one.

OrangeMonkey
AcctAg11
AG
quote:

You are going to see me spend tarded money if the tirpitz or Bismark is premium...

I think the Bismark will be premium and the Tirpitz will be in the tech tree.
Knife_Party
quote:
Let's go with a new main post and just link back to this one.

OrangeMonkey

This sounds good.

Also, I went ahead and picked up the murmansk since it was cheaper and seems to give good credits at that tier. I just played a game and...how do I play a cruiser? I just charged in spittin fire and torps. Something tells me that wasn't right.
redline248
AG
If you want to play it like a noob charge in as fast as possible until you see the first enemy, then turn around and run like a p_ssy. That's what the majority of players do.

Otherwise, have the patience to stick with the heavies.
Knife_Party
Man. This ship feels like it should be more manueveable than it is. Just could not get out of these torps a dd sent. Took him out but the tight spread got me. Felt like that play session was going better until that dd decided to come out of nowhere.
Knife_Party
That helped. I waited til people started moving to start shooting. Then I charged in again and became damage point...need to work on that.

Ok I'm sold. DD tried to sneak in our basr and cap. I turned around and chased him down (it did take 10 minutes though). Then I laid down some fire on some bbs and chased down a CV and torped him. Got my confederate and damn near netted 300k credits. Cruisers are definitely best class in the game. Gotta say all that work on aiming with my bb's has really paid off on the cruisers. I can really nail people if I have a second to line a shot up with thes guns.
Ganondorf
AG
Murmansk is a sniper ship. It has good range and the plane increase the range to almost the whole map. You're meant to be long range support near as I can tell.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
That helped. I waited til people started moving to start shooting. Then I charged in again and became damage point...need to work on that.
Focus on moving as a group. As a cruiser, your detection range is higher than that of destroyers, but less than BB's. Let the other team start firing salvos across the map while you maneuver into a position to actually get some good fire on the target. Once you fire, everyone will know where you are. Destroyers (based on my experience in the game) are almost equivalent to Klingon Bird-of-Prey's that will de-cloak fire off a salvo of torps, then cloak again or fire off salvo after salvo of torps at you and you will never see them until its too late.

Shifting topics a bit, I started playing through the Japanese destroyer line again, and I have to say that I use nothing but the torpedoes on that line. There is literally no point to use the guns other than to give away your position with the Japanese destroyers.
tamusc
AG
quote:
Shifting topics a bit, I started playing through the Japanese destroyer line again, and I have to say that I use nothing but the torpedoes on that line. There is literally no point to use the guns other than to give away your position with the Japanese destroyers.
Yup, guns seem to be decorative on the IJN DDs.
redline248
AG
quote:

Yep, they turn really, really slow...and the only time to use them is when your torps aren't loaded and an enemy is 95% dead.
Ag_of_08
AG
quote:
quote:

I think the Bismark will be premium and the Tirpitz will be in the tech tree.

Been confirmed the other way around the Bismark will be the class, tirpitz will have tops and be premium
Ag_of_08
AG
Well I started a thread, my phone took the g out of texags, I'll see if staff can edit it tonight.

http://texags.com/forums/30/topics/2645188/replies/43599715#43599715

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.