world of warships closed beta

14,150 Views | 296 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ag_of_08
Ag_of_08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
anyone playing? I ran into another ag the other night. great game thus far.
Eliminatus
AG
Never got a beta key. Does look like a lot of fun though. More so than the plane and tank versions.
Ag_of_08
AG
If the release is as good as the beta, it will be an epic game. Controls are intuitive, game play is fun from tier I to tier x. I'm currently at tier v cruiser, iv detroyer, and VI battleship on the American tech tree.
Ganondorf
AG
I'm playing now. Anyone got a TS or something and want to hop on sometime?
Ag_of_08
AG
I don't have one up but will try to get one going tomorrow
Ag_of_08
AG
Never did get a teamspeak setup but still can if interested, just ran into another ag, it's moving into open beta now.
30_Days
AG
I've never even heard of this game until now, but after watching a few trailers I have GOT to try it out.
Ganondorf
AG
I'm in there as OrangeMonkey. Tier 4-5 right now, trying to get back to Cleveland.
Absolute
AG
I think I might give it a try.
Kampfers
AG
I'm definitely trying this out sometime in the next few days. I'm watching some guy wreck in a destroyer on YouTube right now. Game looks incredible.
Ag_of_08
AG
I'm headed up the American DD, Cruiser, and Japanese cruiser lines. Tier III American cruiser and Japanese cruiser. I only restarted last night though. I also have the Beta test Tier IV american BB Arkansas.
Knife_Party
What exactly is this game like? Mmo open world combat? Can you form alliances? Is there an end goal (like you get a bigger base or port) or do you just blow up people?
Ag_of_08
AG
It's not open world at all. You are loaded into a game with two teams, usually split between the CV/BB/CA/DD classes. The objective is either to destroy the enemy or capture bases.

You advance to better warships by earning experience and unlocking them, then buying them.
Ag_of_08
AG
Here's the home screen. This ship is my Beta Arkansas, the award for 50+ games in CBT

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/txaggie08/media/1932553_10203075636171636_1448918488345036937_o_zpszoiohwl4.jpg.html][/url]

Graphics are that good on the ships in game play. The scenery is lack a bit on land, but honestly I'm not there to see trees, I'm there to bring 12 12in guns worth of misery on people!

It starts just pre-dreadnaught in the crusier line(the chester and st louis), and moves through just post wwII

Knife_Party
Looks fun. I'll try to give it a go later. Need to pick up some compressed air first. Dust overheating my CPU.
30_Days
AG
this is absolutely happening. I need a break from board 16 anyways
30_Days
AG
how graphic intensive is this game? Have you cranked it up to max settings?
Ag_of_08
AG
I'm running it pretty much maxed out on a middle of the road machine. I know people running it on laptops n lower settings without issues
Knife_Party
Ok I'm up and running. WOWS NA is the server I'm on. Are you guys in a division? My screen name is vectormania.
Ganondorf
AG
Divisions can be a short thing, not like clans in other games. You can add up to 3 people and join a game.
Ag_of_08
AG
I'm on, feel free to pm me txaggieof08.I'm going to go get a mike in a little while and set up a teamspeak. It would be funny to have an all aggie clan LOL
Knife_Party
Sent you a pm.
30_Days
AG
I've got my tier 2 cruiser. my in game name is 30_Days
Ag_of_08
AG
will be back on shortly.

Gaijin also has World of Tanks(and world of warplanes but it sucks), and the premium account time counts for both games. Currently updating my WOT client, be done in a bit.
30_Days
AG
I'm definitely going to have to drag my desktop over to the living room and play this on the tv. That should be awesome.
Kampfers
AG
I might be on tonight. Not sure if I can do teamspeak or not. Need to dig around my apartment and see if I can find my old headphones. Unless my crummy apple headphones/mic that comes with your generic iPhone would work as a computer mic.
Ag_of_08
AG
'm setting up a server, you have to have a static IP and crap , working on that atm
Ag_of_08
AG
Ok guys after an hour I finally got teamspeak 3 running!

I don't mind it being used, just realize that it may not ALWAYS be on.

IP:

Port:

No password at this time, we'll see if we have issues
Ag_of_08
AG
standby down a second
Ag_of_08
AG
Ok no clue what is up. someone mind trying to log in for me?
Knife_Party
I had gone to bed

Besides being accurate and getting a lot of kills, whats the faster ways to get xp? Missions? Game type?
30_Days
AG
quote:
I had gone to bed

Besides being accurate and getting a lot of kills, whats the faster ways to get xp? Missions? Game type?
I just switched from fighting bots to PvP, and you get WAAAAY more XP in PvP. If you actually managed to kill even just 1 ship on the other side, and your team wins, it's an easy 700-900 xp.
Knife_Party
****in a. Need to get on that.
I Like Mike
AG
PC only?
Ag_of_08
AG
Yes at this point. Wot did port to xbox, they may ahain.

Has anyone tried the TeamSpeak server yet. I need to know it works

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.