phantom phone vibration sensation

1,416 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by easttexasaggie04
BusterAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, I wore my blackberry on my left hip for years, and always had it set to vibrate on a new email. Now, I don't carry a phone during the day, as I am at a terminal when I am working.

But, I still feel my phone vibrate all the time even though im not wearing it. It has the same rythm, 3 spells of about 3/4 a second each.

Anyone else have something similar? It's kinda weird ing me out.
Texaggie7nine
I get it occasionally. I usually carry my phone in my pocket. Several times I will feel it vibrate on my leg then look to see it not even in my pocket.
7nine
Longstreet
Yep. And it's very weird. It lasted for several months after I quit wearing my phone on my belt but it finally did go away. Now I keep my phone in the thigh pocket in my cargo/tactical pants and strangely enough it never happens.
kapon
AG
Yes. I hate it!
CrottyKid
AG
http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2013/09/30/226820044/phantom-phone-vibrations-so-common-they-ve-changed-our-brains

exp
AG
quote:
So, I wore my blackberry on my left hip for years, and always had it set to vibrate on a new email. Now, I don't carry a phone during the day, as I am at a terminal when I am working.

But, I still feel my phone vibrate all the time even though im not wearing it. It has the same rythm, 3 spells of about 3/4 a second each.

Anyone else have something similar? It's kinda weird ing me out.

Yes! I feel my phone vibrate in my left pocket thigh area and reach down and my phone isn't there. I could never figure it out...was my thigh twitching? Was my brain imagining it? I don't know, but definitely real for me.
BusterAg
AG
Glad to know I'm not alone.

Thanks for the replies.
Texags is garbage
One of those odd things I just left unsaid. Glad I'm not the only one.
Eliminatus
AG
Count another one in. It weird me out
Absolute
AG
Yes. Seems more common if I am expecting /waiting on something important.
BusterAg
AG
What really freaks me out is when I feel the sensation, and then my cell phone, on the charger across the room, rings or DL's an email.

99% sure it is just a coincidence, but still uncomfortable to think my nervous system might possibly be reacting to radio waves or the like.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Happens to me, seems to be more prevalent when I'm walking wearing pants that are a little more loose. I also hear it ring when I'm in loud environments, like on an older tractor or something. I remember once when I was in middle school, back when cell phones were starting to get pretty wide spread and a lot smaller, think it was one of the Nokia phones that was so popular, I was working on a farm for a guy from church and I would borrow my moms cell phone so the farmer could call me. I was on an open cab tractor and I had the phone on a lanyard hanging next to me but I couldn't see the screen. I still swear to this day that I heard that phone ring at least 10 different times. I kept grabbing and looking at it but it wasn't ringing. Then when I finally convinced my self not to look when I heard it "ring" again I missed a call. Craziness.
double aught
AG
I'm just glad more people are using the vibrate setting.
easttexasaggie04
AG
here
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.