Anybody have any luck getting an ISP to run cable?

789 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by BQ2001
Enviroag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just bought a lot 7 miles outside Rockwalll, Tx. 1800 ft to the south is a neighborhood with Uverse Gigapower. My neighborhood (80 homes) only gets DSL. Has anyone had any luck with getting an ISP to provide service to them that isn't currently available?
Sandman23
AG
I have never had any luck getting them to run any extra cable. All of them will tell you that it is a decision above their pay grade.

Out of curiosity, how did you find out Giga Power was available in the close neighborhood, were you able to find a specific coverage map?
Enviroag02
AG
We have a friends that just bought a house in the neighborhood across the street in a new subdivision. He signed up for Gigapower and his address shows it as available on AT&T's site. His neighborhood which is new construction only has about 30 houses. My subdivision has about 80 and was initially built in 2007. I'm being told AT&T DSL is my only option. I currently have 50 mpbs Verizon Fios so I will be in a world of hurt.
DayAg!
S
Cost me $1700 to run a cable 400' from my county road to my house. Had to pay for labor, new amplifier. Already had the poles in for electric so they just piggy backed those. And they really didnt want to do it. It's with Time Warner. Was the only option I had to get any kind of bandwidth cause the wireless was garbage. I suggest to anyone that is buying property or a house that wants internet to do their research first. It was one of my requirements of moving here to have internet, so it is what it is.
BQ2001
AG
When I worked for a cable co there were neighborhoods that would get basically a petition saying X out of 100 houses would sign up for service if it was available. They would give that to a vp of some sort in the area (pretty easy to get names) and they would make a decision on the cost benefit of it.

That's probably your best bet, better than talking to a customer service rep.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.