Enabling Javascript in Firefox?

1,447 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by agent-maroon
agent-maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've searched Mozilla's website and cannot seem to find useful instructions on how to enable Javascript for a particular website. Found some verbage that said that Firefox no longer enables it automatically due to security concerns but cannot find instructions on how to manually enable it. The various instruction pages always refer to an icon that I either do not have or clicking the icon doesn't bring up the enable toggle selection.

Currently using Firefox 38.0.1 and it claims that it is up to date.

All I want to do is look at the local weather radar. Any help here?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agent-maroon
AG
The message I get when the radar map does not load:

quote:
Map unable to load
The map loading has timed out.

Please try the following:
  • Refresh your browser
  • Verify JavaScript is enabled
  • Make sure you are using a modern browser
  • Check for Operating System updates

I've done all of the above and still won't load. I was able to find that Javascript was enabled under about:config

Any ideas?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Deputy Travis Junior
I've heard of browsers disabling Java by default, but not Javascript. Disabling Javascript means that pretty much every website made after 1996 won't work.

Anyway, a quick web search turned up this:
  • To enable JavaScript for Mozilla Firefox: Click the Tools drop-down menu and select Options. Check the boxes next to Block pop-up windows, Load images automatically, and Enable JavaScript. Refresh your browser by right-clicking anywhere on the page and selecting Reload, or by using the Reload button in the toolbar.
  • Wildmen03
    AG
    Do you have something like NoScript as as addon that might be blocking it?
    kb2001
    AG
    It sounds like it's blocking Java as opposed to JavaScript, two very different things. Mozilla does this by default now. First, verify that you have Java installed.

This may help, but once these start popping up it's fairly self-explanatory so I think you would have seen these already

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-allow-java-trusted-sites

Try it in Chrome and see if you get the same results
    agent-maroon
    AG
    quote:
    Anyway, a quick web search turned up this:
    To enable JavaScript for Mozilla Firefox: Click the Tools drop-down menu and select Options. Check the boxes next to
    Block pop-up windows, Load images automatically, and Enable JavaScript. Refresh your browser by right-clicking anywhere on the page and
    selecting Reload, or by using the Reload button in the toolbar.
    I found that with a google search early on in attempting a fix. When I follow the instructions "Click the Tools drop-down menu and select Options" I do not find anything remotely resembling "boxes next to Block pop-up windows, Load images automatically, and Enable JavaScript".

Right clicking on the page doesn't appear to refresh the browser or do anything else...
    agent-maroon
    AG
    quote:
    Do you have something like NoScript as as addon that might be blocking it?

I have no idea. How can I determine this?
    agent-maroon
    AG
    Java is installed and is up to date. I attempted to configure it but everything states that Firefox does everything "automatically" and so I didn't attempt to change anything.
    agent-maroon
    AG
    Is it possible that there is sort of conflict between my having selected Google as my search engine and the radar maps being Bing maps? Weather radar maps seem to be the only thing I'm having trouble getting to work.

Is it possible that this is related to my internet security and/or malware protection?

Thanks for all the replies. At least the same local weather radar works on my phone so I can see it somewhere. Just seems a waste to go grab my phone when I'm already working on the desktop...
    Refresh
    Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.