Galaxy Tab S

702 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AgsWin2011
AgsWin2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone here have one or have any experience with this tablet? I've been thinking about buying one and they're $100 off this week at best buy. Kinda been waiting to see if they will be announcing a new iPad next month.
LitreBoy
AG
Used some airline miles to get one for me and one for my wife for our Christmas presents. We both love our tablets.

Upgrade for me from the Asus Transformer Prime that pretty much turned out to be a flop... A fairly expensive one to boot.

I converted my wife from an iPhone to a Galaxy S5 and it didn't take her long to want to replace her iPad with an Android tablet.

She recently knocked hers off our kitchen counter and it fell flat on the face of the tablet, and there was no damage. I try not to do stupid stuff like that with a $500 tablet, but good to know it is fairly durable.

Battery life is pretty good. I think they advertise 9 hours, but I would say it lasts longer with regular use. Charges back up pretty fast too.

Overall I'm glad I got them and hope to not need to upgrade anytime soon.
AgsWin2011
AG
Thanks for the info LitreBoy. Do you experience any lag while using the tablet? Also, do you know of a good PDF app for android? I wish android had Blue Beam. We use this software for work as I'm in the construction industry. This has been the biggest thing holding me back.
Angelo80
AG
ezPDF is a very good app though the interface takes a bit to get used to. Very useful.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
LitreBoy
AG
I'm not a heavy user of PDF on my tablet so I wouldn't be an expert here. I've never had any issues using Adobe, Google or Hancom. When I got the tablet they included Hancom which is a full Office-like suite of products (including a PDF reader). Not completely sure if you can edit or manipulate.

I'm getting on a plane shortly, but will try to check and report back.
The Fife
Battery life is great and it's an all around good tablet, but it comes preloaded with tons of Samsung bloatware. I moved as many apps to the SD card as possible and still get all kinds of annoying limited memory space messages.
AgsWin2011
AG
Does it lag at all? I know Samsung devices are sometimes known to lag and aren't as smooth as iOS and iPad. I have decided to wait just a bit longer since the Galaxy Tab S2 is supposed to be announced in June and Apple may announce a new iPad as well at WWDC. It's hard for me to be patient because the only tablet I have is the iPad 1 I got when they first came out. I use my phone a lot more than the ipad obviously as it is much faster than a 5 year old tablet that can't do anything but browse the Internet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.