The Witcher 3 Official Thread

34,172 Views | 311 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Thunder18
Joe Cole
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Syanna was pretty hot
KidDoc
AG
Joe Cole said:

Syanna was pretty hot
They did a good job of giving her that crazy psycho hot girl vibe.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Joe Cole
they also did well in finding pants that fit her and the others

really an incredible game and like others have said the Blood and Wine is more than some other games

It was amazing to me how they basically redid the inventory menu system on the fly to make it better
KidDoc
AG
I never figured out why she always stood with a hand behind her back. Was that just a mannerism they wanted that character to have? I always expected her to pull a dagger out or something.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Prime0882
AG
At the Final Preparations point with the main game and felt like that was a good time to kinda, not really, justify Geralt going over and doing the HoS series of quests.

Wow. Hearts of Stone so far has been right up there, and possibly even surpassing, a good chunk of the main game's story. Just finished the first two wishes and will try to complete the third tonight...

I would love to know how often O'Dimm has been hanging around in the background of the main game, if he was at all.
Thunder18
AG
Wait until you play Blood and Wine. It is probably the best DLC of all time
Sea Gull
AG
Just beat the main story of FFXV, and I've got to say that Witcher 3 blew it out of the water. Crazy because Square Enix had always been viewed as the leader in RPG (not the online stuff) , and they couldn't come close to W3. Best game I've ever played.
bbattbq01
AG
Finally gave in and bought complete edition on the last day of the steam sale. I hate myself for not buying at the beginning of the sale so I'd be staying up until 4 without work in the morning. Staying up until 4 playing with work in the morning is brutal!

Game is stupid good. Amazing the detail in all of the side quests. Even the short ones like the "all-god". Can't wait to play more and see more!
titanmaster_race
I just started Hearts of Stone.

WTF Ofieri dude? I just GAVE you 30k coin, and you still make me pay for your products???

You and your backwards noun-verb agreements can EAD.

titanmaster_race
I've also encountered two massive bugs that are preventing me from getting any of the Wolf school gear or the Ofieri gear. Over a year after this DLC has been released and these bugs are still around.
titanmaster_race
Holy smokes y'all, Heart of Stone was absolutely incredible. Blew the main story out of the water.
Tabasco
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Holy smokes y'all, Heart of Stone was absolutely incredible. Blew the main story out of the water.
And Blood and Wine is substantially better that Heart of Stone. No joke.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Tabasco said:

titanmaster_race said:

Truth. Blood and Wine was my favorite, hands down
TheVarian
AG
Shiiiiit, I need to finish/start these
Thunder18
AG
Tabasco said:

titanmaster_race said:

Double true
KidDoc
AG
I thought the fights were tougher in Heart of Stone but the story and characters better in Blood and Wine. That may be due to my gear getting up to a nice level and mutations though.

Either way I think it is the best RPG I've played in my 40 years of computer gaming.
Thunder18
AG
The wizard fight in HoS was tough as hell...beating the final boss in B&W made me rage quit for a day or two before going back and finally beating him
Geralt of Rivia
S
It probably took me 30-40 tries to beat the final B&W boss spread out over 2 or 3 days, plus me Googling how to actually beat him
titanmaster_race
Fighting all 6 nightmares at the same time in HoS on deathmarch was maddening. Bloodborne levels of frustration.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I wasn't even playing it on Deathmarch, so good luck with all of that
titanmaster_race
Sea Gull
AG
Yeah, that was borderline IMPOSSIBLE. The last boss in B&W was so freaking hard. And I love how Regis' nancy ass just laid there under the rocks until the fight was over.
bbattbq01
AG
I think I'm 50 hours in and haven't even left Velen yet. Just killed *****son after finally tracking him down.
YouBet
AG
I've been consoling for several years now with a few forays into some lower end games on my laptop here and there. I just purchased my first high end gaming rig in many years and loaded this up as my first game. HOLY FREAKING HELL. I had no idea a game could look this beautiful. I've only played about the first hour of it and just rode into the first town but gd it's amazing to look at and play on a machine that can handle ultra settings.

Should probably go ahead and file divorce.
bbattbq01
AG
Got a new monitor with gsync on Friday... think mine is filing tomorrow.
YouBet
AG
Yep, I got a 1440p with 165hz overclock G sync. Jesus, it's ridiculous.
bbattbq01
AG
It is amazing! Can't wait to upgrade my video card later in the year. Have a gtx 770 that is still pretty nice (especially considering it's almost 4 years old) but can't compare to the 1070-1080s of today.
KidDoc
AG
YouBet said:

I've been consoling for several years now with a few forays into some lower end games on my laptop here and there. I just purchased my first high end gaming rig in many years and loaded this up as my first game. HOLY FREAKING HELL. I had no idea a game could look this beautiful. I've only played about the first hour of it and just rode into the first town but gd it's amazing to look at and play on a machine that can handle ultra settings.

Should probably go ahead and file divorce.
Wait until you get to Blood & Wine, Touissant is beautiful.
Prime0882
AG
Finishing up my second playthrough of the main game +expansions (once on PC before and now on PS4). Tempted to start up a Death March Newgame+ and go for the "bad" endings...

Anyone still ever fire this up? There's a few trophies that will not unlock for whatever reason, namely the one for finding all Gwent cards in the base game. Has anyone played through on NewGame+ with Aerondight and the mutation system?

I did finally get the HoS trophy for killing the six shades of Olreich all at one time, on the second highest difficulty, no less. Not sure if I want to try that ever again.
aggiebq03+
Got my new gaming PC built in December with a 1440x3440 widescreen 120hz G-sync. 1070ti was on decent sale.

O.
M.
G.

Between Witcher 3 and Rocket League on this setup I think I'll be having div papers filed on me too. Maybe we can all move in together.
titanmaster_race
Picked up the GOTY edition on steam last night for $15
Tex117
AG
This game is my favorite game of the generation. (Though Destiny has a strange spot outside of the rankings).

Today's winner for the General Board Burrito Lottery is:

Tex117
Thunder18
AG
It's my favorite game of all time

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.