Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited

1,358 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ph.D.Aggies
kill0509
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, this game has been delayed and changed so many times, but the console version is finally due out at the beginning of June. Did a couple of searches here on TA for the game and the last post from the PC versions that I saw were from back in 2014 (sad when you realize that we've been anticipating this game for that long). Anyone still thinking about getting this game? Some of my college buddies and I are planning on getting it after the many hours logged on to Oblivion, Skyrim, etc. Just seems like a fun game where you get some of the Elder Scrolls feel while exploring with your friends in an MMO style layout. This will be my first MMO game, unless you want to throw Destiny in as a legit MMO, so I know my expectations aren't as high as most. Curious about how the guild shops will work and definitely looking forward to the big veteran missions. Thoughts? Do we need a TA guild?
avidhunter
I was in part of the early beta test for the PC version, and it was pretty awful. I know it was beta but the game play was where it lacked a lot of elements that I would expect from a MMO. I might be used to the polish of WoW or GW2, but this just wasn't mt cup of tea. Now if there have been significant improvements to the console version I might take a look at it. Will it still have a subscription fee?
kill0509
AG
No subscription fee now. Once you purchase the game, you won't be required to pay a monthly fee. We were watching some videos last night and IGN gave it a 7.8 after several updates it seems. Their conclusion was an MMO that had several issues early on that has since done a decent job of staying true to Elder Scrolls but still providing a fun MMO experience. I'll try to find the video and link it but on my phone right now.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/31/the-elder-scrolls-online-review

kill0509
AG
Bump as I am at a computer now so I could link the IGN review of the game.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
I pre-ordered the PS4 version last night. I watched about 20 hours of gameplay on Twitch this weekend during the closed Beta for PS4.
kill0509
AG
Nice! Boogie05 and l will see you on it for sure then. We pre-ordered as well this weekend while they were doing a 10% discount for those with PS+. No idea if the deal is still going this week or not, haven't checked.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Today is the 10th Anniversary.. At some point I can see me doing something like this.

LEEEEEROY JENKINS!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.