Sling TV stopped working

1,245 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by montegobay
montegobay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We were using Sling on a pretty new laptop with Windows 8. Suddenlink told us to get a new modem(docsis 3.0) to get the faster internet speeds they were offering. We got the new modem, but as soon as we installed it, Sling won't work. When it opens, it's a black screen. We called Sling and they were not helpful. Any ideas?
Americium
AG
Have you tested any other devices? What device are you running it on?

A week or so ago it ran like absolute hell on my FireTV and Xbox One. They changed something within the last week and it's running great again.

What channel is it black screening on? Mine was doing that on ESPN a lot before. I always had to change channels, then change it back to ESPN.

I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling it.
montegobay
Works on other devices. We are trying to run it on 3 week old HP laptop with Windows 8. Was working fine until hooking up new modem. I don't know what channel it's on because the entire screen is just black. We are supposed to call back today to see if they have any more solution ideas. If not, we are going to get Fire stick.
hph6203
AG
This is an in browser application right? Have you tried logging out, clearing your cache/cookies and logging back in?
farmer2010
AG
It's a standalone app on all devices AFAIK.

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app?
montegobay
Cleared cache and cookies. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Gave up. Went with Fire stick. Works through that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.