Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS

1,986 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jarAGGIE05
jarAGGIE05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I'm curious to see if there is a Super Smash Bros crowd on here. If so, I'd like to set up a list of network IDs to exchange so we can play some online.

Questions out of curiousity:

1. On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the skill of a 4 year old and 10 being a tournament level player) what would you rate yourself?

2. Who do you main? Who's your backup?

3. Do you like to constantly change character after most matches or do you prefer to stick to your main(s)?

4. What type of player are you? Aggressive, Defensive, Tricky, c-stick spammer, etc?

5. In what order would you place all of the Smash bros games?
TX scallywAG
AG
I own the 3DS version. Still on my shelf unplayed. Dang backlog....
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
Ganondorf
AG
I have it, kids whip my ass regularly. Didn't play any prior to this one.

It's fun. No mains, no skill to speak of. Switch characters constantly.
texagbeliever
6 or 7 skill wise

Main characters are Little Mac (if I want kos), female Marth (can't remember name), and Samus

I like to stick to the characters I know because I like to win.

My characters are all pretty offensive. If Little mac or FM I can counter quickly and use speed to attack. Samus I play the long range game and try to keep opponents away from me.

Tough to put them in order. Probably tie for gamecube & wiiU, then n64, & wii. I would rank the n64 higher but it is probably my weakest of the 4 so that is why it isn't so high.
Bryan98
AG
Female Marth is Lucina.
jarAGGIE05
AG
1. I'd probably put my skill around a 6 or so.
2. Mario & Toon Link
3. I don't really play the same character twice unless I'm really trying to get better with them.
4. I'd say I play aggressive almost to a fault. I can definitely stand to mix in more defensive skill.
5. Smash WiiU/3DS, Project M (Brawl mod), Melee, Smash 64...........then Brawl.

I would actually put Brawl higher than Melee if it weren't for tripping. That one aspect made the game a total joke when it came to competition. I found Melee to be a great game if it weren't basically broken with how unbalanced the characters were. Half the characters were totally useless unless you were just joking around. Also, have you ever watched high level players play that game. They're essentially breaking the game with the exploits they've found to move way faster than the game designers intended.

I find that the latest Smash is near perfect. Relatively balanced roster, tremendous variation among the huge number of characters, flawless aesthetic, 8 players at once, not too fast/not too slow, future DLC in the way of new characters and supposedly maps too. I could go on and on. My only two gripes are a: some of the characters could be reskins of already existing characters (dr. mario, Lucina, dark pit, lucas in June) and b: rolling is annoyingly easy to spam. It really needs to use up your bubble shield.

stark_ag
AG
Can't play online because my internet can't handle it. Best case for me, everything looks like its moving normal speed but with 2 seconds of input lag. When it gets slow, its unplayable.

But since you're asking, I play as a handful of characters. I'm best with Villager and Yoshi, but I don't like to stick to one for too long. When I'm playing by myself, I mostly do random because I think they're all pretty fun (except for Palutena). I'd call Link, Sheik, and Samus my next best group, but if I'm a random character playing a random computer, I lose to a level 9 computer maybe 1 out of 15 or 20 matches. I don't know where that falls on your skill meter, I have no interest in tournaments.

My style changes depending on the character, but leans towards defensive. With Villager, Yoshi, and Sheik, I'm more aggressive.

As for favorite game, it would definitely be 4. The variety in the roster is just so good. I may play 64 occasionally just for nostalgia, and Melee for glitches (black hole anyone?). Probably won't go back to Brawl. I always enjoyed it and have no problems with it, its just obsolete now.
texagbeliever
My least favorite thing about playing online is the villager edge spammers. So annoying.
stark_ag
AG
Bowling ball? Tree? Neutral air spacing gimp? Down turnip gimp? Be more specific.
texagbeliever
you forgot firehouse recovery (OP in my opinion).
jarAGGIE05
AG
I don't think anything is OP about the Villager, but he is exceptionally good at what he/she does. That includes handling rushdown characters with the Lloyd rocket and f/b-air attacks, edge guarding, and recovery. His neutral game is pretty weak though, in my opinion.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.