Android Update - **EMERGENCY**

6,834 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ark03
Pooh Ah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My Galaxy S5 ran an update today and now the header color in the messaging is burnt F'ing orange and I can not figure out how to change it.

For the love of God, please tell me how to fix this. No answer on the Android Forum:
Android Central - Orange is Ugly

TX_AG_10
AG
quote:
My Galaxy S5 ran an update today and now the header color in the messaging is burnt F'ing orange and I can not figure out how to change it.

For the love of God, please tell me how to fix this. No answer on the Android Forum:

Try this?

http://www.technobezz.com/solve-screen-color-problem-samsung-galaxy-s5/
Pooh Ah
AG
Not the problem. It is the default color now in Messenger.
heddleston
AG
use Textra instead of Messenger. problem solved.
agchino
AG
quote:
use Textra instead of Messenger. problem solved.
+1
Ganondorf
AG
Lol, same issue here. Hilarious you post this as an emergency.
Pooh Ah
AG
quote:

I am not f'ing around. This is horrible.
zurcaled11
AG
I use hangouts.

Hope you can get a fix though, that looks fugly.
stark_ag
AG
Another vote for textra. You can change the color from lots of options, though there isn't a true maroon to pick from, if that's your thing.
redd38
AG
So textra is the best SMS app now? I've been wanting to switch from Handcent to something better.
agproducer
AG
Root it, then install another ROM. That way you can really get it to your liking.
AggieFrog
AG
quote:
So textra is the best SMS app now? I've been wanting to switch from Handcent to something better.

IMO it has been for a couple of years now.
zurcaled11
AG
Does it integrate hangouts? I probably do 90% of messaging through google hangouts.
TefIon Don
AG
There is no alternative to Textra, unless you're < 17 and like colorful, busy themes in your apps.
LeftyHound
AG
quote:
Same here, especially since the new Handcent update has ads they place at the top. That was the final straw for me.
AggieFrog
AG
quote:
Does it integrate hangouts? I probably do 90% of messaging through google hangouts.

Have no idea. I don't use hangouts.
Earl Haffler
Thanks, the orange was making me think the same thing. Textra seems great so far.
spieg12
AG
You can't. My S6 is running lollipop and everything has it's own menu color. The messaging one is orange. The settings one is blue etc etc. I don't know about the S5 but the S6 has different themes you can download and that changed the color of everything. That would probly be your best bet.
2006EE
AG
You Textra it's way better.

Oh and you should have gotten an iphone. They won't let you change things but they aren't tu colors.
agracer
AG
quote:
quote:

I am not f'ing around. This is horrible.
The default color in the native calendar ap is effing burnt orange as well...I switched to the google calendar, but the icon always displays 31 instead of the actual day......

... and my messaging app is tan.

You'd think google would get this kind of simple stuff figured out but they're slowly becoming Microsoft....
Ark03
AG
quote:
You'd think Samsung would get this kind of simple stuff figured out but they're slowly becoming Microsoft....

FIFY

Edit: Nevermind, I just noticed that the color change was built into lollipop, not the Samsung overlay. That being said, I never noticed because I've used Textra for years, currently on my HTC M8 running stock lollipop. At least they still aren't apple: we have choices for texting apps.
Aggiethruthicknthin
AG
i use the google messenger app, better then the samsung one, not as good as textra, but i was having issues with textra and group messages
agracer
AG
quote:
quote:
You'd think Samsung would get this kind of simple stuff figured out but they're slowly becoming Microsoft....

FIFY

Edit: Nevermind, I just noticed that the color change was built into lollipop, not the Samsung overlay. That being said, I never noticed because I've used Textra for years, currently on my HTC M8 running stock lollipop. At least they still aren't apple: we have choices for texting apps.

that and I'm on an lg phone.

When I swipe to delete an e-mail in gmail I get that ugly burt orange color again..... Can we also talk about the circle, triangle, and square buttons that were introduced with lollipop? Did the apple maps team move to Google?
spider96
AG
quote:

Stop looking for pictures of Matthew McConaughey shirtless. That should clear it up.
LOYAL AG
AG
Does Textra send text via wifi? I am on Verizon and recently switched from Handcent to Verizon Messages because it sends via wifi and it has a desktop text app. I work from home and have AWFUL service where I live so being able text via wifi is gold to me.
Barry Kripke
AG
quote:

Nice antivirus
benMath08
AG
This is a Samsung messaging app, right?

The default color for Google Messenger is blue, although you can change it for each person you talk to.
Pooh Ah
AG
That screenshot is from AndroidCentral and is not my phone.
agracer
AG
..."OK Google, turn on my flashlight".....The G3 does not have a wiget to turn on the flashlight. I have to use the search to turn it on.....unbelievable.....
LeftyHound
AG
Okay I've been using Textra for a couple days now and I'm pissed I didn't switch to this sooner. They did a phenomenal job on the UI with it.
Ark03
AG
quote:
Does Textra send text via wifi? I am on Verizon and recently switched from Handcent to Verizon Messages because it sends via wifi and it has a desktop text app. I work from home and have AWFUL service where I live so being able text via wifi is gold to me.
Yes: https://textra.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/219077-can-i-send-receive-mms-messages-over-wifi
Ark03
AG
quote:
..."OK Google, turn on my flashlight".....The G3 does not have a wiget to turn on the flashlight. I have to use the search to turn it on.....unbelievable.....
This will be on the pull-down menu if and when the G3 gets lollipop. Alternatively, you can install any number of widgets for the flashlight:

Here's an app I used before I flashed lollipop: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devuni.flashlight&hl=en
AggieFrog
AG
quote:
quote:
This will be on the pull-down menu if and when the G3 gets lollipop. Alternatively, you can install any number of widgets for the flashlight:

Here's an app I used before I flashed lollipop: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devuni.flashlight&hl=en

Nope. I've had Lollipop on my AT&T G3 for several weeks and there is no native flashlight widget.
EMY92
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nope. I've had Lollipop on my AT&T G3 for several weeks and there is no native flashlight widget.
Same on my S4.
Ark03
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

There should be. How did you manage to turn it off? http://phandroid.com/2014/11/20/android-lollipop-tips-and-tricks/2/

I dunno, maybe it's a feature in a later build of Android, or maybe it's something LG or the carrier can turn off. I'm running stock 5.0.1 on a rooted phone, so I'm not sure.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.