MLB the Show 15

4,157 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jmh3209
BTX Ag13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendations on personalized settings/sliders to enhance game-play? I bought the game yesterday and I am a first time player. I like the feel of the game so far but any changes that I can make that will enhance game-play will be greatly appreciated.
Bobby Jimbo
AG
I would suggest checking out the MLB 15 Sliders Subforum on Operation Sports if you want to look specifically at sliders.

Another recommendation would be to download the OSFM (Operation Sports Full Minors) roster from the roster vault. That way if you are playing franchise mode, you can play with the real minor league prospects instead of fake minor leaguers. They update the OSFM roster throughout the year. Operation Sports also makes a Hybrid Roster, which means they edit the player ratings based on stats and a special algorithm they use. They put a lot of work into making those roster files, and it certainly adds to the realism of the game.
BTX Ag13
AG
Thanks!
Mr.Bond
archangelus2
AG
I have never played a baseball game, how do they speed up the game play? How long does a typical game last?
Mr.Bond
AG
Last year they added a feature where your at bat starts off with a 1-1,2-0,0-2 etc type situations. Makes games go by pretty quickly
archangelus2
AG
So before that feature you would play through an entire baseball game?
Mr.Bond
AG
Yes
Post removed:
by user
Bobby Jimbo
AG
quote:
quote:
So before that feature you would play through an entire baseball game?

This is the point, right? If playing an entire game is not what you're after, maybe don't buy a baseball game.
Well it's nice to play shortened games. For instance, the default settings for Madden and NCAA have 5 minute quarters. Playing full 15 minute quarters would make the games realistic, but very long. Quick counts is a good way of getting quickly through games without them lasting over an hour. It also makes the game more realistic in a way since it runs the pitch count up because a lot of people will swing at the first pitch. Without quick counts turned on, this would lead to a lot of complete games by starting pitchers. With this mode, you will average about 15 pitches per inning against you if you are decent. This will lead to your opponent taking his pitcher out by the 6th or 7th inning if he is smart, which is realistic.
MW03
AG
Firstly, do they still have RTTS mode?

Secondly, if they do, is it still impossible to upgrade your player through their training system? That was the most infuriating crap ever trying to train the guy while he was decreasing across the board in every category. Then of course they would sell you an upgrade as DLC. *******s.
Bobby Jimbo
AG
They still have RTTS mode, but I haven't messed with it that much. I haven't gotten far enough to where my skills start decreasing. I'm not sure which was the last version you played, but last year they changed it to where you don't have to complete specific goals anymore. You gain training points by having quality at-bats and making defensive plays, which you can use to directly increase your skill points.
Ranger222
AG
I've always wanted to play this game. Considering buying a PS3 just to play it since you can snag one pretty reasonably now.
MW03
AG
quote:
They still have RTTS mode, but I haven't messed with it that much. I haven't gotten far enough to where my skills start decreasing. I'm not sure which was the last version you played, but last year they changed it to where you don't have to complete specific goals anymore. You gain training points by having quality at-bats and making defensive plays, which you can use to directly increase your skill points.
Thank god. The goals were infuriating. It would say "get X hits" and then the manager wouldn't play you for 2 weeks except to pinch hit and you were boned.
Bobby Jimbo
AG
BTW if anyone wants to add me on PS4, my username is ElectricAggie

If we get enough people, we could get an online franchise going. If not, I'm down for ranked or unranked matches.
adamsbq06
AG
I might have to breakdown and get this this weekend... Generally I try to get sports games every other year.
CAR96
AG
I couldn't figure out how to use the hall of fame players. I was able to download Ted Williams, Tony Gwynn...etc but never could figure out how to access them and use them in a game.
Bobby Jimbo
AG
Did you download them from the Player Vault, or did you earn them in Diamond Dynasty?
CAR96
AG
Downloaded from Player Vault.
Post removed:
by user
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:
Is the premium edition for $10 more worth it?

I did it. It's OK, you get some decent stuff in return. Credits and DLC wise
Bobby Jimbo
AG
quote:
Downloaded from Player Vault.
You have to go to Roster Control, and then go to Import/Export Player
BMoreBirds
Online franchises anyone?
Bobby Jimbo
AG
I would be down
AgsWin2011
AG
I started playing '14 again. I was hitting .330 and 20 home runs at the all-star break and got called down to Triple A. This game is frustrating. Anyone have any idea why I would get called down? Does this still happen in '15?
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
quote:
I started playing '14 again. I was hitting .330 and 20 home runs at the all-star break and got called down to Triple A. This game is frustrating. Anyone have any idea why I would get called down? Does this still happen in '15?

Well if you have someone like a Mike Trout as the MLB starter for your position and team then I can see that. Other than that I don't know. Look who the starter is for your MLB team
Gil Renard
AG
I do like arcade style games like baseball stars series or rbi baseball '15. Only complaint is defensive gameplay on those games. I love quick pitching games you can play in 15 min. But the new short Count feature makes me think of expanding my horizons
InnerCityAg
Old thread bump, but I am considering buying 15 for the PS4. How does the Astros lineup look in the game? Or any lineup for that matter. Does the lineup change as the real team makes changes and calls players up from the minors?
jmh3209
AG
I play a lot online on PS4, usually do quick count games and really enjoy it. Would be up for online franchise although I have never done one. BearJu32
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.