Bluetooth speakers

2,929 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Reginald Cousins
nancydeedavis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What do you guys recommend? Jambox, Bose, Sony? For listening in my apt. and at the pool.
agdoc2001
AG
Jambox
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
rodneyp11
AG
UE Boom. It's waterproof too.
ABKitch
AG
My wife has a Bose Soundlink Color and we really like it. Very portable, sounds really good, with a nice amount of bass, and is very portable.
Wildmen03
AG
I bought an OontZ speaker for sale on Amazon a week or two ago. It's supposedly waterproof and has been excellent so far. Great speaker for 30 bucks.

I've use a Jambox big box and a fullsize Bose soundlink for work and the Jambox is better for filling up a room with big sound with lots of highs and lows, the Bose is better for easier listening as the sound came out almost soft. I prefer the sound of the Bose but that's my opinion.

Both are great but carry a premium price.
Jack Daniels
I have heard basically every model of these speakers on the golf course. I know a lot of audiophiles hate on Bose, but I prefer the sound quality of their bluetooth speakers over all of the others. I would get the Soundlink or the Soundlink mini if you want to save $100.
irish pete ag06
AG
quote:
UE Boom. It's waterproof too.
I would trust this guy. He's done his research.
Endo Ag
AG
Don't spend over $50 unless you are a full blown audiophile and only plan to listen in a controlled environment.
Stasco
AG
Just bougt a UE Megaboom and it's awesome. The Boom is only splash resistant, but the megaboom is fully waterproof. Definitely louder, better base, and higher overall sound quality than the Bose mini, but it's $100 more expensive too.

If you want something a little cheaper, I very nearly bought a Fugoo. They're supposed to have insane battery life (40 hours) and are also waterproof. I believe there's a larger version coming out this summer as well.
hatchback
AG
Love my UE Boom!
mmtexasace
AG
Ue boom!
chipotle
Consumer Reports if it helps:

bmc13
AG
I love my JBL Charge 2. brother has one as well and he and all the other docs he work with love to use it while working
adamsbq06
AG
None of those... SoundCast or bust.
Tailgate88
AG
quote:
I bought an OontZ speaker for sale on Amazon a week or two ago. It's supposedly waterproof and has been excellent so far. Great speaker for 30 bucks.

I bought the same one and it's a steal for $30. I imagine the $130 Bose sounds better but for listening by the pool, the Oontz has been great.
nancydeedavis
Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
AggieJason
AG
http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-home-bluetooth-speaker/

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-bluetooth-speaker/

Very well-tested and well-written/thought-out.

I have the Logitech UE Mini boom; it's the best in category that I've ever used. Blows Jambox and Bose out of the water.
MW03
AG
May not be what you're looking for, but I've been very happy with my Bohm Soundblock for a small, portable bluetooth speaker. Thing is pretty solidly built and loud; not great bass. Hard to beat the price, though.

http://www.amazon.com/SoundBlock-Portable-Bluetooth-Speakerphone-Rechargeable/dp/B00HHDLMEQ

If you watch slickdeals, you can find it for $20-30 pretty easy.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
I had a UE Megaboom for a brief time. Great speaker when things were working well, but it would occasionally have severe volume jumps/drops that were annoying.

Also, I've never had a worse experience on a return - Logitech essentially went silent after I sent it back and after 3 weeks I called and they're claiming it was empty when they received it. This is obviously crap, and they actually signed for it upon receipt (thank you UPS), so they're dealing with American Express right now. During the process, I've twice been told somebody would call me within 24 hours and have yet to receive such a call. Given that, I'll never buy another Logitech product if I have a choice and if I do, only through some place like Amazon.

On a side note, American Express is awesome and I can't recommend them enough
LitreBoy
AG
I've had the JBL Charge since it came out and couldn't be happier.

It's about half the price of Bose equivalents and I think the sound and battery performance are on part if not better.
213 Grove
AG
I got the JBL Flip 2 yesterday for my bday. It says the battery life is only 5 hours which is a negative but the quality and sound it puts out is exceptional. Happy so far
bmc13
AG
I have the flip 2 as well and it is good. doesn't quite fill the room as much and the battery life is less than the charge but still nice
Reginald Cousins
S
Another UE Boom vote. Want the Mega now though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.