SO MUCH STAR WARS!!!

6,821 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by HeadGames
wee_ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
New movie teaser, posters, BB-8 is real, screen shots of Battlefront...

Links:
The Force Awakens Teaser 2: (watch the very end to see a small snippet of Battlefront)
ST:TFA Poster: http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/16/8428277/star-wars-the-force-awakens-posters-leaked-report
BB-8 is ALIVE! http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/16/8431295/star-wars-the-force-awakens-bb-8-puppet-jj-abrams
Battlefront screenshots (stated by developer to NOT be CGI, but in-game graphics): http://bravointel.com/2015/04/16/two-new-screenshots-for-star-wars-battlefront-revealed/
The ANA Airlines R2-D2 747 (yeah, really): http://www.ana-sw.com/
BATTLEFRONT TRALER!!!! http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/17/8445229/star-wars-battlefront-first-trailer
Star Wars Anthology: Rouge One -http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-rogue-one-plot/
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Link?
tfunk02
AG

Link to Teaser #2
Link to BB-8 video
Link to Battlefront stuff
AggieDPT
AG
Can't wait to see Battlefront tomorrow
wangus12
AG
Battlefront in 4 hours. My childhood is returning!
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Battlefront in 4 hours. My childhood is returning!
And goat simulator just released on XB1 too... hype!!!
chigger
AG
I was almost crying laughing when i watched the Goat Simulator video on Steam the other day. I almost bought it right there. I still might.

Im really excited about Battlefront too. I didn't know DICE was doing it.
Jason_Ag98
AG
wangus12
AG
Holy crap it looks awesome
HossAg
AG
Oh my Jesus its beautiful. And its not just a battlefield skin. Its battlefront.
htownag08
AG
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Oh my Jesus its beautiful. And its not just a battlefield skin. Its battlefront.
All I'm saying is that if the XB1 doesn't have graphic equality with PS4, this game will be what gets me to finally build a gaming PC.
jeffk
AG
Will this play like a Battlefield game?
HossAg
AG
quote:
Will this play like a Battlefield game?

That's what people that have seen gameplay are saying.
jeffk
AG
Awesome.

I've taken a hiatus from the last two BF iterations (just got old) so this might be new enough to get me back in the n00b pool.
Saxsoon
AG
Stolen from the GAF

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1030897

quote:
AP appears to have broken an embargo on Battlefront.

quote:

"Battlefront" will focus on frenzied shoot-outs between up to 40 players portraying Rebel Alliance and Galactic Empire forces. In a
demonstration of the game's multiplayer mode, a team of jetpack-equipped
rebels were shown carving their way through the woodsy Endor while
Stormtroopers charged at them on foot, on speeders and within walkers,
including a hulking AT-AT war machine.

Other locales teased in game footage included the snowy Hoth, sandy Tatooine and gooey Sullust, a lava-spewing planet referenced in 1983's
"Return of the Jedi," as well as many "Star Wars" games and novels, but
rarely ever seen. "Battlefront" won't solely be centered on expendable
ground troops. The game will reward sharpshooters with the ability to
embody such iconic characters as bounty hunter Boba Fett and Sith baddie
Darth Vader on the battlefield.

"You can storm in as the Dark Lord himself," said "Battlefront" design director Niklas Fegraeus. "You can wield a lightsaber. You can
Force choke the rebel scum, which is fun. Basically, you are the boss of
the battle. This means that you, as Vader, can lead your team to
victory if you play well."

The action will also take to the skies with players engaging in dogfights with TIE Fighters, X-wings and the Millennium Falcon, though
the developers were coy about how battles would alternate between ground
and air combat.

"We wanted it to feel authentic to this universe," said "Battlefront" executive producer Patrick Bach. "You can get into these vehicles, from
speeder bikes to X-wings, TIE fighters, AT-STs, AT-ATs. There's a wide
range of vehicles that we wanted to realize. The difficulty with a game
is that they need to be balanced with the troops on the ground."

"Battlefront" will also include a free downloadable level available two weeks before "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" opens in theaters Dec.
18. It's set on Jakku, the battle-scarred desert planet glimpsed in
"Force Awakens" teasers. The expansion, dubbed "Battle of Jakku," will
explore the moment following "Return of the Jedi" when the New Republic
confronted Imperial holdouts on the previously unseen Outer Rim enclave.

"You never get to see it in the new movie, so it was this brilliant opportunity to recreate the Battle of Jakku, which you only see the
remnants of in the movie," said Bach. "In the game, you actually get to
play the Battle of Jakku. It's the same place from the new movie but 30
years earlier."

Additional Info:
-Has two player splitscreen
-It sounds like there isn't a traditional campaign and something more akin to spec-ops from CoD
-Modes vary from 8 players to 40 players
-You can toggle between first and third person
-There's flyable vehicles but no space battles
-The 7 minute demo was on PS4, but there's no mention of the forthcoming trailer platform

I like the fact that they are using the Gungan force shield. Adds some variety. Also interesting that you can enter battle as Fett or Vader.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
-Has two player splitscreen
wee_ag
AG
Also running at 60FPS on all consoles
mid90
AG
quote:
Also running at 60FPS on all consoles

Wait, are they making it for xbox 360 & ps4 too?
HossAg
AG
Ps4, xbone, and PC.
mid90
AG
quote:
Ps4, xbone, and PC.

Good. I thought bungie really hamstrung themselves when they released destiny for the old consoles too.
YouBet
AG
The end of that trailer says that is not actual gameplay footage so can the game actually look that good on an Xbone?
KidDoc
AG
I am very excited about this and hope it isn't a huge let down. Witcher 3 and this makes this pc gamer very happy!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bearamedic99
AG
I admit that I am bummed that there will not be any space battles
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
The end of that trailer says that is not actual gameplay footage so can the game actually look that good on an Xbone?

It says at the beginning game engine footage? So it probably means cutscenes. Although if the actual gameplay is that good it is truly amazing.
YouBet
AG
Yes, i assume by game engine they mean cut scenes.
mid90
AG
quote:

me too

I want to fly a B-wing
wee_ag
AG
For what it's worth, this is from the Design Director of Battlefront:

jeffk
AG
quote:
quote:

me too

I want to fly a B-wing
YouBet
AG
quote:
For what it's worth, this is from the Design Director of Battlefront:

That had to be on some ridiculous custom rig and not next gen console or am I naive? I'm still on 360 and haven't really seen next gen in person. Find it hard to believe a stock Xbone or ps4 can render that.
wee_ag
AG
Star Wars Anthologies: Rouge One plot announcement!

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-rogue-one-plot/
agfan2013
AG
So we all knew that EA was capable of screwing this up right? I mean, it is EA.....

There's a post on the gaming board of reddit (too lazy to link, you lazy SOBs go look it up for yourself) that has the following information:

1. there is no single player campaign, just a few missions that can be played singleplayer or cooperatively. Nor is there the galactic conquest mode. (this isnt the biggest deal to me, I just liked playing the skirmishes anyways but I can see some people not being happy)

2. Max player count on all platforms is supposedly capped at 40 right now, as in 20 v 20. Not sure if this is just human players or the max for bots as well, meaning if you play against bots its you and 39 AIs. Pretty sure battlefront 2 had more units running around on screen than this. (this is a little bit bigger of a deal to me, Battlefront is about large scale battles you cant tell me they can put more people on the battlefield at one time)

3. No space battles at all, even though supposedly when the original battlefront 3 that was canceled years ago, had seamless transitions between ground and space battles that were occurring at the same time. (space battles were fun so im not a fan of this)

4. Only units/vehicles/characters from the original trilogy will be playable/used, none from the first three. (inexcusable in my opinion)

5. Bigger vehicles like the AT-AT shown in the trailer will not be player controlled, or like the ones from the Hoth battle if you remember BF 2. They will be AI that will follow a preset path. (inexcusable again)

Yall's thoughts? if even half of that stuff is true.....
HossAg
AG
No prequel trilogy and cap at 40 players are the only things that bother me out of that. I imagine if they leave out the prequel, it'll come in the form of dlc later on.
MattTheBrave
AG
I would have thought they would have made the AT-AT function like the AC-130 in BF4... when your team controls a certain base, your team has access to the AT-AT. A couple of players could spawn into it to control various turrets, etc., but the actual driving of the AT-AT is controlled by AI.
KidDoc
AG
This is how the walker should work.

Overall I'm OK with those limitations.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.