Xbox 360 or xbox1

979 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Pman17
BCOBQ98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My son 9 wants to play minecraft. I'm not a gamer. Am I stupid to buy the older 360 model? This will be used on a limited basis. I hope
HossAg
AG
Probably ought to go with the one, because he's going to end up asking for it later anyway when he gets tired of Minecraft and none of the new games are on 360.
AgsWin2011
AG
Agree with Hoss. Go with the One. They are always offering good deals that come with games or other incentives. Plus if he is only 9, he will definitely be playing more games for years to come. Hell I am in my mid-to-late 20's with a wife kid and I still play. Obviously, between work and being a husband/father, I don't get to play as much as I would like. Maybe that's a good thing though...
QBCade
AG
I would go with the 360 most likely, but first find out what his friends have. I bought the One for my son, but all his friends still just have 360s, so he cant join them for online gaming, etc.
Kampfers
AG
Everything here is good advice. Friends make the platform to a certain extent, but at the same time I'd hate to buy the 360 when next year for christmas he's probably going to be dying for the XB1.

If this is really just about minecraft, why not just let him play the computer version on a crappy old PC?
Ganondorf
AG
quote:
Everything here is good advice. Friends make the platform to a certain extent, but at the same time I'd hate to buy the 360 when next year for christmas he's probably going to be dying for the XB1.

If this is really just about minecraft, why not just let him play the computer version on a crappy old PC?

Because his friends are probably playing on Xbox.
Pman17
AG
Get the Xbox One!

It's like an extra $100 but you'll do best in the long run. The 360 is almost phased out.

Plus, Xbox One is going to be big this year with Windows 10!

Here's the Xbox One MCC on the Microsoft Store and it comes with Titanfall. I know your kid may be young for this stuff, but you can put down parental controls till he's old enough for these games. It's a great deal! $50 off and two free games. You won't have to worry about buying him those specific games later on. Minecraft is $15 (I recommend downloading it rather than getting the disc).

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Xbox-One-+-Halo-The-Master-Chief-Collection-Bundle/productID.314225100

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.