Any Spotfire Gurus here?

999 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by kwammer
12th Man777
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am new to spotfire and trying to learn the details is making me pull my hair out. Does anyone have any recommendations for how to learn this software? (books, tutorials, etc). I am very good with excel and other programs, so I do not need to know the basics, but more of HOW to do things in Spotfire...

For instance, I cannot for the life of me get a heirarchy filter to work! I choose my heirarchy, but each "column" stays in List Box Filter rather then going into a drill down check box filter.

Thank you in advance.
EastSideAg2002
I use it daily, but Ill be honest, I've never messed with the hierarchy filter.
12th Man777
AG
In regards to training in general then, anything in particular that helped the most?
GarlandAg2012
AG
I took a class that was taught by Spotfire in house for us that provided a great overview of how to make and use most of the basic features. I'll play around with the heirarchy feature and see if I can figure out how to use it.
GarlandAg2012
AG
I believe we took SP101 or SP102, but looks like they have a few options available for free online that may be able to help:

http://learn.spotfire.tibco.com/course/view.php?id=131

IIRC they also have pretty good online documentation for how to implement many (most?) of the tools.
EastSideAg2002
quote:
In regards to training in general then, anything in particular that helped the most?
My training consisted of my mentor walking it through the basic use, but that was back in 2004. After that, it was mostly just messing with stuff until I figured out how to use it and if it was something I really would use.
I have used it in 2 companies now so I usually am able to ask some of the "power" users about functions and tools I do not know.

I have used some of their help guides and they can be hit or miss for me understanding it, but maybe it is clearer to other people.

12th Man777
AG
Garland, I apprecaite the feedback and will look into getting signed up for a class. That seems to be the best right now, as there are not many "power" users around that I can ask about unfortunately..
sawemoff8008
AG
I don't know a whole lot about the hierarchy filters but I can help out with other things or try and help you figure it out. You can email me an example of what you're trying to do and I'll take a look. Mjaredwilson at gmail dot com.
kwammer
switch to Tableau.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.