Wasteland 2

1,029 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by RoamingGnome
RoamingGnome
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Haven't seen a thread specifically dedicated to this game, if there is one point me in its direction.

As a guy that was first introduced to a real RPG atmosphere with fallout 1, Wasteland 2 is amazing so far. I'm only about 9 hours in but this is the real fallout 3 to me. Don't get me wrong I loved falout3 and NV but they were a completely different set of games than these strategic turn based RPG's.

Anyone else playing? tips for someone still at the start? I finished the agcenter and highpool so far would love to hear others thoughts.
Tex117
AG
I've heard its great, but it was announced it is coming to consoles sometime this summer. Will be picking it up then.
PvL-Vorbeck07
AG
Haven't had the time to check this one out but I too have heard great things about it. Once i'm done with Pillars of Eternity, I'll be checking this one out.
KidDoc
AG
I'm pretty far into it, fun game and some hard choices. Some tips:

Make sure you find Angela at the citadel, big helper.
I thought Ag center was much tougher than the other city.
Energy weapons are nice vs high armor targets.
You pretty much need all the skills sorry!
Sniper rifles are pretty awesome.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
YouBet
AG
Only game I'm playing right now. It's very easy to miss out on a lot of random experience points and there a multiple ways to solve a lot of quests. It's also very easy to kill a quest prematurely if you aren't careful so in that regard I have found it to be more difficult than your typical game of this nature.

Make sure you specialize each character so that you have as many skills covered as possible. You will need all of them. I can't tell you how many times I missed out on a conversation tree for Hard Ass or Kiss Ass because I just didn't have someone with enough skill points in them.

I think I'm about 85% through and have had a blast playing it. Oh, and be careful what you sell as junk. Some of that stuff someone, somewhere might want.
RoamingGnome
Really is an old school game. Difficult, no handholding, and you really can screw it up.

Still digging it. Thanks for the tip on conversation skills. I've been neglecting them a bit.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.