$1700 to spend, what's the best 60 inch TV and sound bar available?

887 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by trueaggie2782
FDXAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My dad brought this criteria to me and so I bring it to the nerdery experts for advice. I'm grateful he is not just going into Best Buy and throwing his money away on overpriced stuff, so I'm hoping to point him to better deals on Amazon or similar places. But admittedly, I'm not as familiar with the latest and greatest technology of TVs within the past year or so. And I'm not familiar with sound bars at all....

Just from glancing at Amazon, it appears he can get a pretty decent TV and sound bar for this budget.
BlackGold
AG
I'm a big fan of anything Samsung. I personally will only buy samsung as I think they are the best led TVs on the market. Their 65" curved are going for around that price.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Very satisfied with the 60" Sharp Aquos we bought a year ago. Less than $1k.
trueaggie2782
AG
I was a fan of Samsung until I had to deal with their technical support for 2 of my monitors. It took almost 2 months to get the replacements for both of them. When I told them that their service was subpar and I would likely never buy anything else from them, their CSR said "that's ok, we have a large enough customer base." I have since switched to LG TVs with Vizio sound bars. I am much happier and to be honest, the picture seems nicer on the LG tv.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.