Need to rent Microphones & Projectors.

639 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by 91AggieLawyer
ShawnTxAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm the head of the multimedia committee for The Juvenile Justice Association of Texas Conference which is to be held in October at the Hilton College Station. I've been asked to try and locate somewhere in town I can obtain approx. 3 microphones and 3 projectors for our guest speakers. Does anyone have any ideas where to start looking, your help is greatly appreciated. The Hilton offers them, but apparently charges an arm and a leg, so this is one of the committee tasked with pinching pennies.
Predmid
AG
Smartsource Computer & Audio/Visual Rentals has a quick quote feature to see if the hotel's rates are reasonable.

http://www.smartsourcerentals.com/smartsource-locations/college-station/

SpicewoodAg
AG
You probably need more than just microphones for the audio, don't you?

You need speakers and amplification?
ShawnTxAg
AG
good point spice, I was told just mics, but i'll def look into this.
tomtomdrumdrum
AG
You might try calling RDM - they do a lot of A/V rental and setup in town.

http://rdmprosblog.com/contact-us/
91AggieLawyer
AG
If you're head of the mm committee, I'd recommend purchasing the mics as you will probably have the need for them again. While you'd spend a lot if you were to get the (likely) Shure mics you MIGHT be able to rent, there is a very good microphone that is similar to the good Shure dynamic mics for about $35 at Amazon:

GLS Mic

That would be my recommendation since you'll spend near that getting a similar Shure. If you were putting on a concert, that might be one thing. But these will be more than good enough for your purpose.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.