**** Official Battlefield Hardline Thread (Xbox)****

12,500 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Aggietaco
Madmarttigan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well, maybe I'm the only one excited about this game after the beta, but I really enjoyed it and I have high hopes that there might be a decent FPS coming out for the first time since Titanfall.

Game releases on March 17th, and I believe if you have EA access you get 10 hours of early game play starting March 12th.

Texags - Xbox GT

tv1113 - madmarttigan
WES2006AG
Aggietaco - AguasAg
mattthebrave - MattTheBrave11
Xiuh - Xiuhcoatyl
OldArmy07 - ScottAPerk
jr15aggie - the Aggie Maybe but probably
CRM1712
GigEmAgs14 - thekicker17
LeftyHound - This is Lefty
Agmaniacmike12 - Agmaniacmike
Pilmer
Bearamedic99 - SuperRufus99
TheFeelofCotton
Wee_ag - deathmullet76
htownag08 - TNilli
WES2006AG
AG
I am really excited as well. Like the cops and robbers theme and I am finally starting to get tired of BF4. This will hopefully tide me over until the BF5 release...whenever that is.
Aggietaco
AG
I'm pretty sure I'll pick it up. Any pre-order deals I need to be aware of? Will likely just grab it at Best Buy or Target when I wrap up Far Cry 4 sometime around release date.

AguasAg
MattTheBrave
AG
I will be picking this up as well.

MattTheBrave11

Formerly VonMillerTime40 on Xbox 360
Xiuh
I'll be getting it as I have been wanting a mp shooter. I hesitated on bf4 since this was coming out in two weeks. Id= Xiuhcoatyl
Madmarttigan
AG
Not really seeing any special preorder deals around. I'm not sure even what the deluxe version offers really besides dumb stuff.
OldArmy07
AG
Aggietaco - sign up for EA Access for one month @ $5 and you can get it for $58 after tax. Digital, of course.

May be worth it if you don't plan on trading in.

Xbox: ScottAPerk

Edit: With EA Access you get 8-10 hours of playtime starting on the 12th, rather than the 17th when the servers crash.
jr15aggie
AG
I'm a maybe... I'm definitely sold on the game, but life is a bit crazy right now and my game time is way down. Not sure if I will have beaten my other games by then so picking up a new one doesn't necessarily make sense. I got a couple weeks I guess... we'll see what happens.
Madmarttigan
AG
Well if you think about it you have until September to get time to play it until battlefront comes out. I sadly probably won't get much time to play with you guys since I work night shift, but I will still be on at weird hours.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
jr15aggie - the Aggie Maybe but probably

LOL. Sounds like you are a drug dealer talking to your buddies... "What, the aggie? Shoot, he says he's trying to quit... but his a$$ will be back! He always comes back to get what I'm sellin!"
CRM1712
AG
I'll be there. CRM1712
Madmarttigan
AG
I don't ever play single player but if that is something you are interested in, they seem to be putting a lot of effort into making it a great campaign. They designed it like episodes of a cop drama on TV. I would be interested to hear opinions on it when it came out. I haven't enjoyed a FPS campaign since MW1 and 2.

Also JR, that sounds exactly like me when my friends repeatedly drag me into different new MMO releases lol.
Madmarttigan
AG
double post
Kampfers
AG
quote:
I don't ever play single player but if that is something you are interested, they seem to be putting a lot of effort into making it a great campaign. They deside it like episodes of a cop drama on TV. I would be interested to hear opinions on it when it came out. I haven't enjoyed a FPS campaign since MW1 and 2.

Also JR, that sounds exactly like me when my friends repeatedly drag me into different new MMO releases lol.
I'm also very interested in the SP but will be waiting on reviews of that before determining whether to spend the money or wait for a year or so for it to go into the Vault.
Madmarttigan
AG
What I think you mean is....

I will play the multiplayer until reviews come out about the single player and then give it a shot.
jr15aggie
AG
Sucks so many are on the fence. Visceral makes really good games. Dead Space is one of my all time favorites, but it never got the love sales wise (despite great reviews and word of mouth) and eventually EA pulled an EA and forced them to make an action game with Dead Space 3 and killed the series.

Seems like they are making another great game here, but it may not translate into big sales.
Madmarttigan
AG
I actually think the beta got a lot of positive hype going for the game which was almost non existant beforehand.
Madmarttigan
AG
Just a reminder, you can get 10 hours of early gameplay starting tomorrow with EA access. I will be out of town unfortunately and won't get to play really until the 17th.
OldArmy07
AG
Hardline was live for EA access subscribers last night around 8 for me. I had to open the EA access app, select the Hardline promo, and then tell it to launch the trial. It wouldn't open straight from my Games & Apps section.

The only servers that were populated were for the heist mode. I had fun, but felt that the games were too short. Excited to get into some standard Conquest games and get a feel for how the game works on a larger scale.

I'll still have a soft spot for hardcore mode, but the damage model in normal mode is better than BF4, in my opinion.

Excited to play more when I have time.
GigEmAgs14
AG
Buying it for sure.

GT: thekicker17
Madmarttigan
AG
So anyone on early access have any opinions yet?

I had to go to work tonight, tried to get off after I got back from the wedding, but no deal .
Aggietaco
AG
Dentist appointment tomorrow mid-morning which means I'll be "working" from the casa. Just gave MS some money and pre-ordered knowing I'll end up buying it tomorrow anyway.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Excited to get into some standard Conquest games and get a feel for how the game works on a larger scale
My initial impression in the beta was that Conquest was lacking... 64 players you gotta have some tanks n stuff rolling around. But it's still BF and still good... I found myself liking the Hardline specific modes a lot more.

Still not sure if I'm getting this or not. Will be an impulse buy/not buy tomorrow I guess.
Vade281
AG
I beat the trial version's SP. It was definitely different. I have 8 hours left on my trial.... Vade281
GigEmAgs14
AG
quote:
I beat the trial version's SP. It was definitely different. I have 8 hours left on my trial.... Vade281
Good different or bad different?
OldArmy07
AG
Not jr281, but I'll give you my opinion anyway.

The trial is VERY short. Most of it is on rails, so I'm assuming the rest of the game opens up a bit. Stealth seems to play a big part in the game, and you'll die really quickly on the veteran difficulty (one shot or so) if you screw up while trying to arrest people.

It feels like it will be entertaining, but who buys a BF game for single player anyway?
LeftyHound
AG
I'm of course in on anything Battlefiled related.

GT = This is Lefty
Madmarttigan
AG
Having a rough time on hotwire starting out, but still really like the game mode.
Agmaniacmike12
Still not 100% sure when I plan on picking this up. I don't normally complain about graphics but having a game running at 720p at likely 30 fps almost a year in a half into the console life cycle is disappointing. The game didn't run any smoother than BF4 in my brief beta experience and BF4 was a much larger game in terms of map design, player count, and vehicles. I can't think of any reason other than Visceral being lazy or rushed in having the similar performance in processing between this game and one released a year and a half ago. Hopefully the engine isn't harming the ability to improve these components either.

GT: Agmaniacmike
OldArmy07
AG
60fps, not 30.
Agmaniacmike12
Correct, I typed that wrong earlier. Devs also listed 60 fps for Battlefield 4 and anybody that played it on the One can attest to the fact that it wasn't hitting that mark anywhere near consistent enough. Point still stands that the graphical and processing capabilities of this game are status quo from games that came out at the beginning of the One's release. I still will eventually get it because it is Battlefield, but these developers need to step their game up and deliver what they have promised (reference to Visceral claiming 1080p in June 2014).
Madmarttigan
AG
I get tonight off and it is going to be an Epic marathon of hardline. I am doing hotwire for now because it gives me more cash to get weapons for heist.
Pilmer
AG
Fun game. I'm impressed early. I'm also in.
LeftyHound
AG
Who is Pilmer?
Aggietaco
AG
Played a few games earlier and was having the same issue getting booted from servers after 5-10 minutes of play. Spent some time dicking with router settings and was able to get a full game of conquest in. To me, this still feels like a step backwards from BF4 graphics wise. I do like that the softcore damage model is much closer to realistic.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.