Iphone 6 and Camaro bluetooth

821 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by zgood10
Zombie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Okay, so I have an iPhone 6+ that is paired in my 13 Camaro. The only issue I have is that it disables the notifications sounds if I am listening to anything other than bluetooth media. IE: If I am listening to XM, it does not make any type of chime for any notifications through the phone, just vibrates. Is there a way to fix this?
AgsWin2011
AG
Is your phone on vibrate? I have a 2013 Tundra that does the same thing if my iPhone 6 is on vibrate. If it's on sound then it chimes over the speakers.
Sentinel
AG
Make sure the phone itself is not on vibrate. I would check your ringer settings when you get in your car. Press the volume up on the side of the phone and see if it turns the ringer on.

You could disable Bluetooth when you're not using it.
Zombie
No. The ringer is on. I almost always have my ringer on. It just automatically does this when I get into the car and it pairs. I'd disable Bluetooth but I need it for hands free when driving.
zgood10
AG
Pairing with your MyLink (I'm assuming since it's a Chevy) system sends all iPhone sounds (Music, alerts, etc) to the bluetooth source on MyLink. You will only be able to hear notifications on the bluetooth channel. You can however receive calls if you're not on the bluetooth channel.

You will not hear text/email chimes unless you are on the bluetooth channel.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.