Surface Pro 3 vs. Acer S7 392

1,175 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Sling Blade
Azariah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I now find myself in the market for a laptop. Would someone please explain to me why I would want a Surface Pro 3 rather than an Acer S7 392?
jagouar1
AG
I would change the dell xps 13 for the acer personally but otherwise those are the best two pc's out there right now imo.

Get the dell if you want a more traditional laptop (get the non touchscreen one) or if you want a device that can be both a laptop and tablet get the sp3.

I had the sp3 but recently got the dell for work and I really like both.
Azariah
AG
Thanks. I'm looking for touchscreen though.
LOYAL AG
AG
Look at the Fujitsu lifeblood lifebook line. I have a touchscreen convertible that's an excellent machine.
Barry Kripke
AG
Sp3
jagouar1
AG
quote:
Thanks. I'm looking for touchscreen though.
Then you want the sp3... what you are going to find is using a laptop with a touchscreen isn't that useful, you aren't going to reach up much and touch the screen when it is in laptop mode. Where the touchscreen excels is in tablet mode and the sp3 is the best tablet out there right now.
iceman08
AG
I have a SP3 for work. Didn't think I'd like it as much as I do. I would recommend it.
ExPLK
AG
FWIW

I have a sp2. I find myself not touching the screen very often and using it primarily in desktop mode.
Robk
Have a SP3 and it is the best Laptop I have had. I thought the kickstand would be an issue, but I can use it more portions and more comfortably than any laptop I have owned.

Also, I for one, can not live without a touchscreen laptop. I did not think I used it that much, but my 7th graders at school always laugh at me and look at me weird when I try to scroll or hit a link with the screen. It really becomes an ingrained habit really quickly.
aggolfer
AG
SP3
Tabasco
AG
Thoughts on the soon to be released Asus T300 Chi

http://www.techradar.com/us/reviews/pc-mac/laptops-portable-pcs/laptops-and-netbooks/asus-transformer-book-t300-chi-1278957/review
Sling Blade
AG
We deployed Acer S7 392 in our company early last year. ordered 10 of them. 6 of them had to be sent in to warranty due to failure in hard drives. (SquareTrade)

We've since then go to XPS 13 and XPS15.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.