Thoughts on Future of Artificial Intelligence?

1,497 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by bmks270
motherlover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
(Possible Germans and Moons for this forum)

http://waitbutwhy.com/2015/01/artificial-intelligence-revolution-1.html

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cool article.
motherlover
And its happening...

http://m.economictimes.com/magazines/panache/rise-of-the-machines-video-gamers-beware/articleshow/46382098.cms
DayAg!
S
Never work, same with cryogenics. They dont understand how we are created in both instances. There are some things that you cant equate with ones and zero's. And the human soul out of the body once dead cannot be brought back apart from Gods intervention.
motherlover
We're not talking about soul or even self awareness.
Read the example of it going bad in Urban's Part 2. Nothing to do with consciousness or evil.
benMath08
AG
quote:
But it did discover aspects of games that its creators hadn't even known about. It figured out, for example, that in Breakout the optimal strategy is to dig a tunnel through one side of the wall and send the ball in to bounce behind it, breaking the bricks from the back.

I thought this was obvious.
kb2001
AG
quote:
quote:
But it did discover aspects of games that its creators hadn't even known about. It figured out, for example, that in Breakout the optimal strategy is to dig a tunnel through one side of the wall and send the ball in to bounce behind it, breaking the bricks from the back.

Yeah, me too
bmc13
The Fife
quote:
quote:

I discovered this as a small child, didn't everyone?
CDub06
bmks270
AG
These super intelligent computers will hit a ceiling when people hit a limit to the amount of resources they are going to provide for some computer to solve the universe.

Or maybe the universe isn't that hard to solve and all we need is just beyond Einstein intelligence and then beyond that there is no more intelligence to be had once there is nothing new to learn.

I guess if they find a way to get an Einstein smart computer to the same size and the same power requites of Einstein himself, or perhaps even his brain only, more is possible than I can consider.

Humans have learned a lot by physical experimentation and observation, and these.computers won't be able to physically construct the experiments necessary to continue learning. Maybe they can come up with a design to try, but it's going to take humans to lay the bricks until we give them some way to physically interact with the environment.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.