VPN recommendations?

4,429 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Jetpilot86
reb,
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I spent $19 bucks to get 3 years of VPN Unlimited because I was interested in testing the waters but it's pretty obvious that it's "baby's first VPN". What do ya'll use on desktop and mobile?
Punked Shank
AG
My company uses Cisco VPN client. Seems to work really well
Picard
AG
quote:
My company uses Cisco VPN client. Seems to work really well

LOL

Punked Shank
AG
Lol that's about as far as I know about vpns.

I don't use it often.
pnut02
AG
I'm a fan of Private Internet Access (PIA)

http://lifehacker.com/5935863/five-best-vpn-service-providers
jagouar1
AG
I've used torguard for the past year.... been very good so far.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
I use PIA. Another texag poster recommended it awhile back and it also has great reviews from multiple sites. So far it hasn't slowed my network connection at all and it is very easy to switch to where you want your ISP to list you from. The other day on YouTube there was a video whose music had a copyright warning so it couldn't be played in the US. I went and changed my location through PIA to being outside the U.S. and then the video played just fine.
tracyleon
there are many good vpn tools you can buy online as some tools are really good in performance like, Ipvanish and Purevpn... I will suggest every new user to go for it and unblock everything which is blocked in your region. If you are living in us so here you can find best vpn for us which will allow you to change your current ip with us ip address so you can access everything which is blocked.
92_Ag
AG
I've used Cloak now for about six months and been satisfied with it. The apps for mobile and my Mac are pretty easy to use and setup as well as being unobtrusive.

When selecting any VPN as a service, be sure to read their terms and conditions on what info they track, keep, share and feel obligated to report or supply to agencies.
yeahtoast
AG
Watchlisting this thread.

Tired of Suddenlink cutting off my internet because of allegedly torrenting "copyrighted" materials...

tamusc
AG
quote:
Watchlisting this thread.

Tired of Suddenlink cutting off my internet because of allegedly torrenting "copyrighted" materials...

Wow, so glad I'm not stuck with them anymore.
akaggie05
AG
So it sounds like most folks are interested in a solution to mask your identity from home. I have a slightly different need/approach where I run an OpenVPN server on a machine at home that I connect through when I'm on the road using hotel/airport wifi networks, etc. I don't trust any public network (especially open wifi where your non-SSL web traffic is transmitted over the air in plaintext).
92_Ag
AG
quote:
So it sounds like most folks are interested in a solution to mask your identity from home. I have a slightly different need/approach where I run an OpenVPN server on a machine at home that I connect through when I'm on the road using hotel/airport wifi networks, etc. I don't trust any public network (especially open wifi where your non-SSL web traffic is transmitted over the air in plaintext).
Certainly not my personal intent.

I have ZERO interest in using public/open WiFi without some sort of VPN secured capability.

I travel quite a bit, so this is a necessity. I can't count on my ISP being 100% available, nor can I walk my wife through troubleshooting our VPN Firewall at the house if anything acts up.

Affordable service options are good to have.

LastHamlet
AG
quote:

2nd this. I have been using them for about 3 years now.
boboguitar
AG
quote:

Me too.
reb,
AG
quote:
quote:

Me too.
Apparently the Android app is pretty sheety so that's going to be a dealbreaker for me.
reb,
AG
Do any of the android apps for these stay connected even when the phone is asleep?

If not, that's lame.
cz308
My first VPN was HMA (HideMyAs*) and while it was ok, I felt like I wanted something different. I have a friend who uses Torguard. I switched over to it and I love it. Seriously doubt I'll switch to anything else.
sallycroft
I recommend PureVPN. It is simple, affordable and secure VPN service.
cohibasymas
AG
My wife and I have used ProXPN for about 18 months or so. The service is excellent and relatively inexpensive. One account allows you to install the VPN on all your computers, phones, tables, etc. I believe they're running a promo right now for 50% off services for the life of the account with coupon code FTL50.
Jetpilot86
AG
I've been happy with Witopia. You have to create a special set up if you are behind the great firewall of china, and manually set up the iPhone, it works well for my worldwide roaming at $70/year. Pm me and I'll check on a referral code.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.