AppleTV/WatchESPN/SECN - Need help!

3,927 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by farmer95
farmer95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ok so here is the issue. I am attempting to watch SEC Network or SECN+ content via my AppleTV, however each time I try to watch I get this error message "An error occurred loading this content. Please try again later." I ONLY get this message when its SECN or SECN+ content. I can watch everything else WatchESPN offers: ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU etc etc. Again its ONLY when its SECN content.

I've tried the following to troubleshoot the problem:
-rebooted my wireless router (to which Apple TV is connected)
-rebooted my AppleTV
-signed out and re-authenticated my WatchESPN account
-I CAN watch SECN/SECN+ content on my Mac, which causes me to believe there is some issue on the AppleTV end or maybe the wi-fi, but why only SECN content?? This is perplexing me and driving me crazy. Please help.
GinMan
AG
I tan into the save thing with TWC. I could steam every ESPN channel BUT SECN. It was more of a subscription issue. I could watch any ESPN channel on my tablet or mobile device as long as i was using the same wifi as the wifi i used for my account.
The SECN issue was only a problem if I was actually away from home.
farmer95
AG
bump.

Has to be something wi-fi related that is hanging me up.

Can watch on my ipad if on cellular connection, can't if i'm on wi-fi.

Can watch on my Mac that is hard wired to internet.

AppleTV is only connected via wi-fi.

But why will it work for everything on WatchESPN except SECN?????
EMY92
AG
quote:
But why will it work for everything on WatchESPN except SECN?????

If you've got Time Warner cable, the SECN+ isn't available to you. If you have another provider, good luck finding a solution.

This is usually the best forum for this kind of stuff, but you may actually get more views/replies on the baseball forum from others that have had and solved the same issue.
farmer95
AG
Figured it out. It was the DNS codes on my iPad and Apple TV that were causing the issue. Reset them back to the same ISP as my router and it now works.
Tailgate88
AG
What DNS servers were you using. I always use OpenDNS.
farmer95
AG
quote:
What DNS servers were you using. I always use OpenDNS.
A year or so ago I had used Unlocator to work around some of the blackout restrictions associated with watching MLB.TV content. The Unlocator IP settings that were in my AppleTV and iPad were preventing the SECN from streaming on the devices. What is odd to me is that all other content in WatchESPN worked but for some reason the SECN content wouldn't. All is well now.

BTW, what is the upside to using OpenDNS? (i'm not too much of a techie)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.