Monster Hunter 4

1,977 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Tex117
Tex117
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know this may be a shot in the dark, but do any of you nerds play Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate?

Its really effing good.

Friends that play Monster Hunter 4. (And I would love to give online a try with you guys). Post your ID and join the hunt!!!!

Tex117: 0662-3326-2518
Jjr281: 3DS: 3652-0525-7301
Pman17: 3DS: 5155-4232-9676
wee_ag
AG
I tried playing MH3 Ultimate (3DS) but the menu system is so incredible convoluted that I gave up after a couple of hours. Is it any better?
Gigemaggies123
my buddy took a semester off of school to play the 3rd one.... i think its effin stupid
Vade281
AG
I'm playing it whenever I'm away from destiny.. Post my friend code later
Pman17
AG
I'll have to try the demo when I get my new 3DS.
Tex117
AG
I think the menus are pretty easy to navigate this time around. This is my first monster hunter, and I don't feel completely overwhelmed just yet.

quote:
I'm playing it whenever I'm away from destiny.. Post my friend code later
Please do.

quote:
my buddy took a semester off of school to play the 3rd one.... i think its effin stupid
Thats insane.
SECivil Ag-11
AG
I want to get the new 3DS and pick this one up along with it but the dang thing hasn't been in stock since it was released.

Sad that I didn't preorder the gamestop MH4U edition cause that thing looks so bad-a
Red Five
AG
I've been looking for this thread to pop up and somehow never saw it.

Monster Hunter is my all-time favorite game series. Been playing since MH1 on PS2. I loved 3U but I think this one is the best of the series so far. The new weapon combos they have added for each weapon have made them so fun to re-learn. This has always been a pretty niche series because its very eastern-oriented with the grinding game play, has little in the way of explanation for most of the game mechanics, and can be extremely punishing in difficulty, but man do I love it. I've got it at release and have been working my way through the caravan quests. Just took down Gore Magala for the 5* Urgent.

I've been reading that people consider it the easiest one yet to get into, so thats good. It seems to be selling like gangbusters. Personally I think the monsters are way more aggressive this time around, and the new ones are more difficult than the ones they introduced in 3U. I miss the 3U monsters that are gone though.

If you're trying to find a copy, I have seen them available on Walmart's website. they are out of stock online, but they will tell you which stores have stock available and you can purchase it through the website and have them hold it for you.
slickag2007
AG
Thought about getting this game. Are there enough other people on here that we could actually do some multiplayer? Is there anything you can get in Multiplayer that you can't get in single player?
Red Five
AG
You can access all the online quests solo, but you better bring big boy pants if you want to finish the endgame ones.

Generally speaking there are 3 quest tiers- Low Rank, High Rank, and G Rank (and this time i believe there are technically 3 tiers of G rank. The single-player campaign has quests at all three tiers, and the rewards for completing them are the same whether you are online or off. There are some monsters that only appear in online quests, or require completing online quests to unlock in the offline mode, but the quests are technically soloable if you are proficient enough.
Red Five
AG
Also, if you are new to the series (or even if you aren't, really) check out Gaijin Hunter's videos on youtube. He has the best weapon tutorials on the internet, and he is going to be putting out some more instructional videos for different quests in the future, I believe. You can also find his articles on his tumbr page.

Gaijin Hunter
Vade281
AG
3DS: 3652-0525-7301
Pman17
AG
Just got it a few days ago. Seems complex in dialoge and all of the item stuff, but I'm having fun with it.

5155-4232-9676

PS: anyone interested in buying my 3DS XL? Offering it for $100 (pearsonhsmith@me.com)
Tex117
AG
Red Five: you are certainly a veteran. Thats alot of Monster Hunter. What do you think about this one?

Apparently, its one of if not the best selling MH game in the West.

I tell you, I gave the 3(tri) demo a go and could not get it to click. Tried the demo for 4, same thing, though was able to take down a easy boss (and intermediate). So I decided, what the hell...Picked it up. It all clicked. Its a freakin awesome game.

Red Five
AG
It's pretty easily the best one in the series, in my opinion. They gave all the weapons new tricks which added a lot to how each one plays. The jumping attacks and climbing are way better than the underwater combat from Tri/3U. The expeditions/guild quests are a little more limited/confusing than the free hunting from 3U, for me, but I wouldnt say its worse in that regard.

MH has never been particularly concerned with a story of any kind, but what little plot this one does have is much better/more interesting than previous games.
Tex117
AG
quote:
It's pretty easily the best one in the series, in my opinion. They gave all the weapons new tricks which added a lot to how each one plays. The jumping attacks and climbing are way better than the underwater combat from Tri/3U. The expeditions/guild quests are a little more limited/confusing than the free hunting from 3U, for me, but I wouldnt say its worse in that regard.

MH has never been particularly concerned with a story of any kind, but what little plot this one does have is much better/more interesting than previous games.
It seems this is pretty much the opinion of most veteran monster hunter players.

I hope Capcom sees that there is a market for this in the west and keeps on bringing it over.

Post your friend so code and we can all go hunting!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.