AC Unity

3,479 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by jr15aggie
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody playing this on XB1 still? I just ordered off Amazon... Heard the game patches have fixed the game and co-op. I know some of us were talking about it before it launched with issues. Hopefully some of my pals are still interested in co-op.
adh5199
AG
PS4 user here. If you ask me, the Assassins Creed franchise is getting tired. I couldn't even finish the story because it is the same game after game........the series was original for its time when it first came out, but the shine is starting to wear off.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Anybody playing this on XB1 still? I just ordered off Amazon... Heard the game patches have fixed the game and co-op. I know some of us were talking about it before it launched with issues. Hopefully some of my pals are still interested in co-op.
I still have it. Make sure to download the first DLC, which is free.

Great game.

Shoot me an invite if you want to co-op.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
I'm still playing. I've enjoyed it. But I also missed the last two releases.
dfphotos
I have this game unwrapped on the shelf. Im trying to decide if I want to sell it or play it.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
Shoot me an invite if you want to co-op.

Will do... I'll probably play through single player some to get the hang of it and then I'll holler at you when I've got time for co-op!
Beau Holder
AG
quote:
PS4 user here. If you ask me, the Assassins Creed franchise is getting tired. I couldn't even finish the story because it is the same game after game........the series was original for its time when it first came out, but the shine is starting to wear off.
Also on PS4.

I didn't play any of the Brotherhood spinoffs or III, enjoyed the hell out of Black Flag. So far I really like Unity. The setting is nice and I think the mechanics have been improved. So far it's not nearly as fun as Black Flag, but that could just be because Destiny and Madden have prevented me from getting into the meat of the story.

I like the customization and multiplayer options. I do think they're doing some things to keep it from getting stale.
millertyme
AG
quote:
I have this game unwrapped on the shelf. Im trying to decide if I want to sell it or play it.
Same here. I have the PS4 version but have never opened it.
wangus12
AG
quote:
I absolutely love the series. One of my favorites. But I agree it is starting to slow down a little bit. I really want them to do a game on the modern time to advance the story and get it back on track
jr15aggie
AG
Spent a little time with this and I am VERY impressed so far.

Graphics: Possibly the best I've ever seen taking into account the open world setting. In motion everything looks great. If you stop and look closely at things it looks even better. 100's of NPCs walking around with full cloth physics on each one of them. Textures on the most random objects are very good. If you look in the distance while running full speed you, sure you can see pop-in sometimes, but for the most part it's not noticeable when you are focusing on your character and immediate surroundings. Also, the framerate issues that everybody freaked out about appear gone via patches. I've only had 2 instances of some stutter. Outside of that I couldn't tell if the game is a solid 30 FPS or not... it looks good that's all I know. Long story short, the graphics in this game are exactly what I was looking for with Next Gen... looking forward to how they can improve going forward.

Gameplay: So far so good. The new climbing and climbing down mechanics are the best yet in AC games. The going down part is especially awesome and has eliminated the need for them to have random carts of hay on every block. Typical AC problems still exist where you character doesn't always do what you want.

Story/Setting: Story is typical AC, but much like Black Flag the setting is so awesome that I'm really drawn in. In this case, the outstanding graphics really help too. The countless # of NPCs and they way they react to situations as a crowd really sets this one apart from other AC games. And I've only been into one of those "time ripples" or whatever, but that is really awesome too.

The only negative experience had was the one time I tried co-op. Teamed up with a random and at one point it was literally broken with guys standing around, swords drawn, but nothing was happening. Not sure if it was lag or what, but probably more online issues that seem to plague next gen games!
jeffk
AG
Paying this in the evenings now. Pretty fun being back in big cities after the last couple of iterations.

Did anyone ever start an Aggie Assassin's Club in the game?
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Paying this in the evenings now. Pretty fun being back in big cities after the last couple of iterations.

Did anyone ever start an Aggie Assassin's Club in the game?

Yes, I joined the one Kampfers started. I think he sent me an invite... I'll see if I can invite you. We'll do some co-op sometime.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.