Word 2007 Password

895 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by flown-the-coop
frorge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've broken out my old laptop, and trying to access some word documents that I password protected. Is there anyway to retrieve this password? Or change it?

I'm coming up short on the google
TIA
m-walker
AG
Cant you just install OpenOffice and open the document in there without needing the password?
ABATTBQ11
AG
It's doable. You could write a macro that tries to open the file using different combinations until you get the right one, but that would take some time to write as well as run. Considering a brute force attack that simply went through all possible combinations would go through quadrillions of combinations, you may just want to look at buying something.
SpicewoodAg
AG
quote:
Cant you just install OpenOffice and open the document in there without needing the password?
Nope. That won't work.
Barry Kripke
AG
The trick is to remember your passwords.
frorge
AG
I guessed it!

Thanks for help. But yeah it looked like my only other option was a brute force attack software. And it wasn't that important lol
Philip J Fry
AG
Was 1234 really that hard to remember?
The Fife
What I don't get is how they figured out my password: "Balls."
flown-the-coop
AG
I have used www.password-find.com to recover a MSWORD2007 password. Different services to either figure the password or just unlock and let you download. Need to pay for full use, but I thought it was reasonable if you really needed access to the file.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.