ibm peo

1,169 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by javajaws
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good luck this week, hope you make it ok.

but I have to wonder why you were still there.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertcringely/2015/01/22/next-weeks-bloodbath-at-ibm-wont-fix-the-real-problem/
theterk
AG
lol ya. I work at IBM and saw the Project Chrome article on Friday. Currently at home in my pajamas. Since the IBM Alliance site is blocked at work, I just cruised over to /r/ibm and read some grim stuff
Duncan Idaho
I got laid off in the round last year.

I have had worse jobs, but I have never worked for a worse company.

SpicewoodAg
AG
Ouch.

The degree of mismanagement at IBM is astounding sometimes. No company should put themselves in a position where a 26% layoff is the answer to fix the company.
theterk
AG
I don't know how much I can rant in public, but with how much work we (hardware development) have on our plate and how many people are left, I don't think we can successfully test boxes if they cut 1/4 of our team within the given timelines upper management have established.
Duncan Idaho
For what it is worth, I think 25% is a bad estimate but more than 15% is realistic. It will be a deep cut and it will cut bone.

javajaws
AG
Some of those bones need to be cut - they are cancerous. But unfortunately even doing that won't really fix the problems, it'll just keep the beast alive.

If they can move to growing from within instead of acquisitions they might stand a chance.

At any rate, I hear today is the day.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.