What do you do with your GoPro?

3,923 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by gigemhilo
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Going to Hawaii in April and planning on doing a lot of diving, so I broke down and got a Hero3+ Black from Costco so I can get some good video to bring back. I'm also considering getting a personal drone (I use one for work) and will probably use it for that too. Now I'm trying to think of other things I can use it for.

What do you do with your GoPro?
ExPLK
AG
I don't have one but my brother in law uses it for hunting. Makes for some awesome videos when he shoots bucks.
Aggietaco
AG
Strapped to the end of a rifle makes good video on an aerial hog hunt.
coppag92
AG
Have mounted gopro to my motorcycle and captured some weekend rides and toy runs at Christmas.
(just be sure to use the orange rubber doohickey when mounting it. http://vimeo.com/7807995 )

Timelapse feature is cool to mess with. Search youtube for "gopro timelapse" to see how others have used it.
atmhockey
AG
Saw the other day that some company is making a gopro harness for dogs. Could get some epic video of my dog sleeping on my couch all day.
Aggiethruthicknthin
AG
with mine I mainly am doing something cool and think, dang it should have brought my gopro!
wangus12
AG
Wore it in a demolition derby this weekend. I use it as an everyday video camera for hiking and vacations. Wakeboarding, OC racing and anything I think needs to video taped
Philo B 93
For me, mostly base jumping and on a head strap during MMA bouts/training until it gets knocked off. I'll have it with me next month surfing in South Africa in case I get a glimpse of a great white.

Just kidding. Mostly I bootleg bar bands and dueling piano players. For home / family videos I like mixing in wide angle video with my normal recordings. I use the Sony version gopro because it has a better microphone and I think the video is better.
agnerd
AG
I use it most for time lapses. I'm building a pergola in my backyard at the moment and making a very long time lapse of the construction. I also put it on my bike in time lapse mode so I can capture a couple hours on the bike trails in a few minutes of video. Regular video mode on the bike is too boring. I've made a few videos driving on my favorite roads too.

My latest endeavor was to take apart one of those rotary kitchen timers and use it with the camera in time-lapse mode to take a panning time lapse. I've only done sunsets so far, but hoping to maybe do a game at Kyle this year.

Need to try out slow-mo next and I'm hoping to do a time lapse of my next trip down Buffalo bayou in a canoe. Also thinking about trying to time lapse a road trip to California.
atmhockey
AG
Not a gopro, but I have a ReplayHD on my rifle during competitions. I have seen some shooters with one facing downrange and one facing the shooter so they can sync and splice the video after the fact.

I use an SJCAM4000 in a 2-axis gimbal on my IRIS+ multi-rotor. For filming.

Just got a Mobius action cam that will go on my scratch built 250 quad to record flights. CCTV camera for FPV

I am going to use these cameras this summer for time lapse photos of my trade show being moved in, setup and torn down. Hope to get the convention center's permission to fly the IRIS+ inside as well for cool aerial shots.
wangus12
AG
I wore mine surfing in Ireland and didn't have super great footage. It was on the chest mount.
Physical Graffiti
AG
Here is my first video with our GoPro 4.

My 1st GoPro Video

I plan to take it on family vacations/use for home videos etc. We are going to Santa Fe in May and will be doing some hiking/biking and would like to use the time lapse function for those activities. We are going to the beach in June and will use it there too.

I really enjoyed the ease of using the GoPro editing software that was a free download. It was very easy to learn and use their editing tools and publish the videos.
powerbelly
AG
Leave it at home when exciting stuff happens.
Kuz89
AG
quote:
Here is my first video with our GoPro 4.

My 1st GoPro Video

Not the Jeep I was expecting but worth the view!
ORAggieFan
Two chicks at the same time.
RockwallAg99
AG
I don't use my GoPro near enough to justify the purchase price. I need to start working on that. I've used it on a few hunts and a skiing trip. Hoping to use it on my trip to Destin with the kids in July. I originally bought it because it is waterproof but having a lifeproof case for my phone has made it a much more convenient device to use in and around water.
agdoc2001
AG
I have a Go Pro and the Sony version of the go pro both still in the box. It turns out that video of me drinking whiskey while watching sports isn't terribly engaging. Anyone want to buy a GoPro?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Pman17
AG
I use it for anything that comes my way. They're great to have if you do a lot of active stuff. I work offshore so it's great to mount on the boat and do time lapses. Here's one of my vids... https://vimeo.com/68984959
I have the Hero 2 Black and Hero 4 Black. I plan on getting a drone soon to get some overhead shots on some of the things I do.
Pman17
AG
Go Pros are also good for ring dunks. ;D
dubi
AG
Hubby uses his for 3 gun videos.
gigemhilo
AG
I used mine when hiking in Zion National Park. It was mostly attached to my chest strap on my pack. Got some awesome scenery with it and some cool footage going through slot canyons.
labmansid
When I first got my GoPro 3 Black, I used it for a time lapse of my running the BCS half Marathon .

Later on I got a "drone", and started making aerial videos with it.
Bonfire Memorial
Brazos Bend State Park

More recently, I have a buddy that's in a band, and I have played around with mounting it on musical instruments.
Chicken Oil Jam

So it is a pretty versatile little "toy" to play with. Literally the sky is the limit!
wangus12
AG
quote:
I used mine when hiking in Zion National Park. It was mostly attached to my chest strap on my pack. Got some awesome scenery with it and some cool footage going through slot canyons.
How'd you attach it to the chest strap, if I may ask. That sounds like a great idea.
gigemhilo
AG
I found a vented bike helmet strap at Walmart. It was like 5 bucks. I just wrapped it real tight around the strap.

I thought that would be better than paying $$ for the chesty, plus I was trying to find a hiking pole I could attach it to. That didn't work out.

In the end, the setup worked, but it was difficult to keep tight at times. It was also difficult to see the buttons and what not. And sometimes my fingers got in the way if I was just taking pictures with it.

One last precaution - we were going through slot canyons, so at times I was not paying attention and the canyon walls scratched up the casing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.