cell phone signal booster advice needed

1,361 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Disarmer
milkman00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need advice on which one to buy for a gift. In an area that gets 4g AT&T service but the tin roof really forces you to be near a window for service inside the house (which is a one story rather large older home). Best buy has limited inventory of 3g devices and their salesman didn't know which 4g one to point me to online. Cost is a concern, but willing to spend the money if it greatly improves service.

What would you recommend?
txag2k
AG
aggieforester05
AG
I've put two Wilsons in my office in a row. They both suck ass and we still have to go outside to get good cell service. Everything is hooked up correctly, good continuity on the cables, appropriate antenna spacing, and frequency range for Verizon. I've tried adjusting the gain up and down to no avail. They just plain don't work...
tfunk02
AG
Wilson works great at our place in B/CS. Went from 1 to no cells to full. Wilson normally gets good reviews when installed correctly (like aggieforester05 sounds like he did).
agmatt06
AG
Have you complained to AT&T about it? I did and got a free one sent to me.
bkag9824
AG
quote:
Have you complained to AT&T about it? I did and got a free one sent to me.

Where/how? I get terrible reception in my house & the reps over the phone say they can't send them.
Nobody Knows My Name
AG
You're talking to the wrong reps. Get to "customer relations" AKA retentions. They have a lot more power.
Nobody Knows My Name
AG
You may have to threaten to cancel.
billtheag89
AG
AT&T MicroCell (femtocell)
http://www.att.com/att/microcell/#fbid=eDZKboFXnYC
jamesn
quote:
Need advice on which one to buy for a gift. In an area that gets 4g AT&T service but the tin roof really forces you to be near a window for service inside the house (which is a one story rather large older home). Best buy has limited inventory of 3g devices and their salesman didn't know which 4g one to point me to online. Cost is a concern, but willing to spend the money if it greatly improves service.

What would you recommend?
Hey there, my name is James. Check out http://www.wilsonamplifiers.com, they have a wide range of amplifiers suitable for AT&T and it works perfectly in the most low signal area.
keysercade
AG
quote:
AT&T MicroCell (femtocell)
http://www.att.com/att/microcell/#fbid=eDZKboFXnYC

+1 I have one... had to spend $200 to get (although my company paid for it)
+1 parents just got one for free by calling and asking nicely
aggieactor01
AG
Used the microcell for a couple of clients in a previous job. They seem to do the trick!
agmatt06
AG
When I got my Microcell, I just called AT&T and asked what I do about poor phone service and how do I report it daily. They pulled up my account and offered me the MicroCell. I didn't even have to ask for it.
TexasAggie73
AG
We have tech shield installed in our attic and have the AT&T microcell and it makes all the difference.
Disarmer
AG
Got a MicroCell in the house here. Works great in a no service area. Just hope your internet doesn't go out... because the MCell goes with it!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.