SeriusXM

1,433 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by bmc13
Ferg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was considering a subscription. I had it free for a year and liked channel 91(College Sports) and CNBC in the morning but wanted some more input.

What is the board's experience, as to sound quality, dealing with them(billing, cancelling), offerings including internet stations on All Access?

Thanks in advance.

MGS
Call them up and see if you can get the $25/5 months deal.
nai06
AG
My parents have a life time subscription and ive used it several times on rental cars. The channel variety is great but the sound quality is awful. They are also pretty bad about repeating songs. Imo, it's not worth it unless you travel long distances.
Sentinel
AG
I've had it for 8 years and have zero complaints. I've never had to call support.
dodger02
AG
I won't listen to terrestrial radio ever again.
EMY92
AG
quote:
I've had it for 8 years and have zero complaints. I've never had to call support.
Same for me.
10thYrSr
Nearly impossible to cancel
AggieZee
AG
Had them for almost ten years, no issues. Hard to listen to terrestrial radio anymore. And I canceled one of my subs without any issues at all.
nai06
AG
THe sound quailty is what keeps me from getting it. Its very tinny and in most cases no better than FM. I usually just plug my phone in.
Gig-Em2003
AG
Sound quality is acceptable to me. I think it depends on your setup. Works great in my new truck. I've had Sirius for 10 years and have never looked back. It's easy to call them and negotiate rate too.
OldArmy07
AG
Agree on the sound quality. HD Radio in my car is much cleaner than Sirius/XM was. They call me up every few months and are really persistent in trying to get me to sub again. They start at 6 months for 25, then go to 20. Then 1 free month followed by 6 for 20. I keep saying no, and they get pissed and keep calling. Funny.
k20dub
AG
Absolutely love it. Can't imagine not having it. Very nice driving to College Station for the games and not worrying about finding a new station. Plus I can listen to just about every sports game on there.
jrod2181
Really enjoy having it. I only have about a 25 min drive to work but it keeps me entertained. I got them to throw in online for a year so I constantly use it at work
danieljustin06
AG
I've had it for 10 years now. Called and asked to cancel my sub in October when it was about to renew and was able to get 50% off by just saying the bill was too high as my reason for leaving. I've never had a problem with it and sound quality comes down to what you have in your car. Never have had a problem with songs repeating, but I listen to Hair Nation or Lithium most of the time.
Punked Shank
AG
So I didn't renew about 1.5 years ago. What could I say now to get a discounted deal. I would reconsider my sub. if they cut rate? It can't that easy is it?
Whitetail
AG
It will be gone in 10 years. Why would you need it when you have Bluetooth and s smartphone?
WoMD
I recently resubscribed, but not sure how long I will keep it this time. The sound quality is terrible in my car. My system is pretty damn good, so I suppose that's why it's so obvious? It wasn't too bad in my last car with the stock stereo. When I use the spotify app through the car streamed from my phone it is crystal clear and I can actually turn it up pretty loud, but Sirius is seriously lacking in this department. And if you listen to the same station for more than an hour you will hear repeats. This is actually more a problem for me than the poor sound quality.
Punked Shank
AG
quote:
It will be gone in 10 years. Why would you need it when you have Bluetooth and s smartphone?

Becuase some of us aren't always around cities or good interwebz service. I doubt radio ever goes away. And I'm not an old person saying that.
Ferg
quote:
So I didn't renew about 1.5 years ago. What could I say now to get a discounted deal. I would reconsider my sub. if they cut rate? It can't that easy is it?
They advertise the first 5 months for $20. You should be able to get that.
permabull
AG
Sentinel
AG
quote:
What drives me crazy about it is that even though they give an entire station to Pearl Jam, they still play at least a dozen or so Pearl Jam songs on "90's on 9" and on Lithium every day
At least they don't play Nickelback. I hear them every once in a while on Octane and it drives me insane.
bmc13
AG
quote:
What drives me crazy about it is that even though they give an entire station to Pearl Jam, they still play at least a dozen or so Pearl Jam songs on "90's on 9" and on Lithium every day

yep. the variety of music was much much better to me on XM before the merger
bmc13
AG
it's improved since then but it's still not great.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.