anyone want t buy my fire tv stick

1,242 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by third coast..
Post removed:
by user
Thomas Ford 91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I share your pain. They should have made that power adapter a little more obvious in the promotional material.

I don't know if it helps you, but I came up with a workaround. Turns out my tv has 2 USB ports, one of which is powered sufficiently to work the fire stick. All i need now is a shorter micro usb cable and I'm in business.
howdydamnit04
AG
Twisty ties!
millertyme
AG
How much
jaggiemaggie
AG
$9
jagouar1
AG
quote:
quote:
I share your pain. They should have made that power adapter a little more obvious in the promotional material.

I don't know if it helps you, but I came up with a workaround. Turns out my tv has 2 USB ports, one of which is powered sufficiently to work the fire stick. All i need now is a shorter micro usb cable and I'm in business.

Will try this first thank you. And yes, nowhere did I see that it had to be plugged in.

Twistt ties won't work because tv is wall mounted and all cables are run through the wall. The cable is not long enough for that.
Fair warning but any of these devices have to be plugged in.... And one note on the usb method. In my experience most of them turn off when the tv is powered off so you have to do a full boot of the device each time you power your tv on which is annoying to wait 45 secs for these devices to do their cold boot each time you turn on the tv.

Since $9 is the high price... Ill give you $10.
chipotle
2 bits
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Predmid
AG
How much?
Post removed:
by user
bigtruckguy3500
Have you been able to mirror windows to it? Supposedly windows 8.1 supports miracast, but the miracast on the firestick doesn't support windows/microsoft. At least not yet. That was a big disappointment for me.
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.