What's your World of Warcraft C/S/I?

5,455 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by fta09
Prime0882
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Druid/Resto/647

We're alliance on Aegwynn. We're 5/7 on normal and 1/7 on heroic so far. We have a couple Ags in the guild and have been raiding since TBC, so we're pretty stable.

Jtrain#1818
www.forthewynn.info
Sounds very similar to my Horde side guild on Area 52, Nidhogg. Been together since pre-BC and became serious about raiding in TBC where we reached top 2% U.S. Still a lot of us playing today, we seem to come back each xpac to hang out with each other once again.

Been looking for a home for Ally toons - think your guild can let in a casual who'll be working on leveling up some ally toons here or there?
fta09
AG
quote:
quote:
Druid/Resto/647

We're alliance on Aegwynn. We're 5/7 on normal and 1/7 on heroic so far. We have a couple Ags in the guild and have been raiding since TBC, so we're pretty stable.

Jtrain#1818
www.forthewynn.info
Sounds very similar to my Horde side guild on Area 52, Nidhogg. Been together since pre-BC and became serious about raiding in TBC where we reached top 2% U.S. Still a lot of us playing today, we seem to come back each xpac to hang out with each other once again.

Been looking for a home for Ally toons - think your guild can let in a casual who'll be working on leveling up some ally toons here or there?
Sure! We have tons of people who level alts as well as other randoms leveling.

Also, as an update to anyone interested in potentially joining, we're 7/7 on normal and 6/7 on heroic. We're pretty set on tanks but could use DPS or heals.
TKEAg04
AG
quote:
I love how they brought back Molten Core.... I banged my head against the wall with 39 other people too many times in there! This is forever with me as a result, "Reckless Mortal! None may challenge the sons of the living flame!!!!!!!!!"
I got the first epic gutgore ripper dagger (and one of the first epics for that matter) on Blackhand back in 2005. I never had so much fun then when I could literally 1 shot everybody when PvP'ing with my rogue. We were one of the first to clear MC for a long time, and when everybody else had greens and the occasional blue, and you were decked out in purples, it made PvP incredibly satisfying. I stopped playing soon after BWL. I still miss WoW, but don't miss the time commitments.
tremble
AG
quote:
quote:
I love how they brought back Molten Core.... I banged my head against the wall with 39 other people too many times in there! This is forever with me as a result, "Reckless Mortal! None may challenge the sons of the living flame!!!!!!!!!"
I got the first epic gutgore ripper dagger (and one of the first epics for that matter) on Blackhand back in 2005. I never had so much fun then when I could literally 1 shot everybody when PvP'ing with my rogue. We were one of the first to clear MC for a long time, and when everybody else had greens and the occasional blue, and you were decked out in purples, it made PvP incredibly satisfying. I stopped playing soon after BWL. I still miss WoW, but don't miss the time commitments.

Your last sentence is spot on. I still reminisce about clearing Onyxia, Rag, Vaelestrasz or Yogg for the first time. Just too much of a time commitment now a days but I think all the **** work to get those ****ers down is what makes the memories last all the more.
Prime0882
AG
quote:
quote:

Also, as an update to anyone interested in potentially joining, we're 7/7 on normal and 6/7 on heroic. We're pretty set on tanks but could use DPS or heals.
Was able to get my Vanilla era dwarf Paladin undeleted and moved him over to y'alls server. One of the officers was nice enough to let me in.

That toon hasn't seen the light of day since 2005 and it was nuts to see him as a time capsule. Full Lightforge gear, 28g to my name, and all sorts of random junk in the bank. Hentaro was nice enough to loan/give me 500g to at least pay for a few things like journeyman riding and the entry level flying speed.

If anyone has a horde side toon on Area 52 that would like to swap 15k - 20k to their horde side toon and shuffle that same amount to my ally side toon on Aegwynn, that'd be awesome. Dual specs/glyphs/310% flying is all expensive whenever a toon wakes up from a 9 year nap.
fta09
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Was able to get my Vanilla era dwarf Paladin undeleted and moved him over to y'alls server. One of the officers was nice enough to let me in.

That toon hasn't seen the light of day since 2005 and it was nuts to see him as a time capsule. Full Lightforge gear, 28g to my name, and all sorts of random junk in the bank. Hentaro was nice enough to loan/give me 500g to at least pay for a few things like journeyman riding and the entry level flying speed.

If anyone has a horde side toon on Area 52 that would like to swap 15k - 20k to their horde side toon and shuffle that same amount to my ally side toon on Aegwynn, that'd be awesome. Dual specs/glyphs/310% flying is all expensive whenever a toon wakes up from a 9 year nap.
Great to hear! I was not on over this weekend due to personal issues/Super Bowl, but will be on throughout the week. Hentaro/Voidmaw is our raid leader and is a pretty nice guy. We have vent info posted in the guild info tab if you're ever looking to hop on and talk or ask questions.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Anyone run BRF yet?
fta09
AG
quote:
Anyone run BRF yet?
We are 6/10 on Normal mode. I like how it is winged, so you have a variety of options if a particular boss is eating your lunch. Boss fights so far have been fun, too, but some of the trash is annoying.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
I'm waiting for LFR I guess.
Prime0882
AG
We've downed 4 or 5 heroic bosses and are clearing it in normal tomorrow night before heading back into heroic mode.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
No Patch 6.1 talk?
Prime0882
AG
Seems pretty underwhelming, but, I've also only been logging on in order to raid a few nights a week. Finally replaced my 655 weapon last night and hit a 678 ilvl, even though at that ilvl my warlock still feels pretty weak since the demonbolt nerf.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
I only Raid in LFR. Wouldn't mind getting into a social guild. Just got booted from one that I got invited into last year. Couldn't Raid with them and they ended up booting 86 people. Lol.
fta09
AG
Although not specifically relate to 6.1, I have been really pleased with this raiding tier. I also enjoy the garrisons, though it seems most people sit around in their garrisons instead of being around in capital cities or elsewhere in the world which goes against a lot of what Blizzard has stated they want in previous expansions.

As for 6.1, I really like the new system for heirlooms. I had never rolled an alt on a horde server because I did not want to start over, but now I can pull up the heirloom tab, load him out with gear (already got him to 70-something) and start blasting through levels.

On a lighter note, as a guild, we have gotten a kick out of using the selfie camera and being able to tweet directly from our guild's twitter account during raids.

I've mentioned our main guild enough times, but if anyone is interested in starting over to try things out or just want to roll an alt, we started a horde alt guild under the same name (<For The Wynn>) on Firetree. At the moment, everyone in the guild is from our alliance guild and can invite, so if you're interested, just /w anyone and they should be able to invite you.
redline248
AG
I started playing again in December after a 3 year hiatus, leveled my ally Warlock to 100 and then realized some of my old guild mates were all horde now. Too bad I had already used my boost to 90 so I started a new rogue from level 1 and just hit 84 tonight. Takes so gd long when you have about 4 hours a week to play. I guess I should suck it up and pay the transfer cost.
Knife_Party
Anyone still playing this? I realized a little while ago that I had bought the expansion and completely forgotten about it.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
I do. Running around Tannan with 2 toons at 695 and 702 on just LFR and Kazaak. Will be running pug on Normal soon I hope.
Knife_Party
Cool. I'm messing around with a pally on Arthas that I hit 100 on way too fast and am trying to gear up. Zero luck on LFR and haven't got my garrison past 2 or been to tanaan yet.

BattleFrog#1437 if anyone is interested in a cross server group.
Prime0882
AG
Still playing here or there on Area 52 with my Horde main. Undead warlock/700 ilvl. Mostly just logging on on Tuesdays to run 8 or so heroic bosses with my guild. They're working on heroic Mannoroth, but, I don't have the time to raid their Tuesday - Thursday schedule, so they let me tag along on farmed bosses on Tuesdays.

I came back a few weeks ago to try to finish up the legendary ring questline... never got my cloak in MoP and decided I would at least try to get this one. In three weeks I've already gotten 19 tomes, so I think I've been pretty lucky. Should have the 25 naval treasure missions done today, as well.

Abbracadaver#1196
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Yeah, I need a ton of tomes...I'm not really raiding like I should...
fta09
AG
We're still raiding. We're 11/13 N HFC and pug some people most nights. We've lost two tanks in a row, so we pug a tank every raid. Still Mon/Tues/Thurs 8-11 PM.

I wondered who BattleFrog was! I've been giving my battletag out to pugs but I didn't think it was one of them. I'll probably try getting in a pug HFC raid this weekend on my hunter since I'm always stuck tanking for our guild.
Knife_Party
Hmm. I have a lvl 85 pally who's natural position is tanking that needs a home. Not sure how fast I could get him up and geared for that content though. Ill see what I can do this weekend.
3rd and 2
AG
I have a 712 Druid Tank looking for a home. I can raid 2 nights a week Sunday through Thursday. I also have moderately geared out Shaman, Priest and Druid healing characters.
Knife_Party
I joined jtrain's guild on Aegwynn. Seems like people are pretty active and they raid HFC regularly on normal, heroic, etc. Only drawback so far is server pop is on the lower side.
fta09
AG
quote:
I joined jtrain's guild on Aegwynn. Seems like people are pretty active and they raid HFC regularly on normal, heroic, etc. Only drawback so far is server pop is on the lower side.
This and we're outnumbered by horde. We've been pugging people from the LFG tool to fill out our raids, so I'd love to have reliable, good players there! We are 12/13 N HFC and have cleared 7/13 H HFC with another guild (about 6 - 8 of our own raiders). I believe that other guild is going to start running H HFC on their own, so we plan to as well.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.